PDA

View Full Version : Any way to back up Reapers Perfs & Setting? WINXP

DKS
04-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Last night my computers CPU cooked, its kinda old so Im just going to get a new CPU & mobo. The HDD is fine and Im going to hook it up to my other PC and copy my files off of it. Im going to do a fresh install with the new hardware but I really want to be able to backup and use all of my current Reaper setting, like my midi maps and stuff. Can I just copy my current reaper install and the stuff in user files (Win XP) over to the new install? If so is all the setting in one place? I think its in the user/appdata is that right? Any help would be great, I really don't feel like configuring my BCF2000 all over again.

planetnine
04-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Go to Prefs-General and use "Export Configuration".

>

DKS
04-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Will that work if I mount the drive on a different machine?

EvilDragon
04-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Why not? You would just import the file back in Reaper, onto any installation on any computer you might have.

DKS
04-02-2012, 11:29 AM
If I mount the drive on my other machine wouldn't the path its looking for its prefs in be different?

Maybe the simpler question is, is all of the perfs and setting saved in the Reaper resource path? If I go to that folder and copy everything can I just copy that back into the resource folder on my new machine?

bluzkat
04-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Yes you can copy the data folder over to the new installation. I believe the 'export configuration' feature accomplishes the same thing and then you just 'import' it into the new Reaper installation.

I haven't used this feature yet, so I recommend checking the User Guide for specifics.

So whichever you prefer.

:cool:

l0calh05t
04-03-2012, 01:51 AM
my reaper config folder is a symlink/junction point to a folder in my dropbox