PDA

View Full Version : reapwotusew

reapwotusew
07-06-2007, 05:22 AM
My affair with Reaper is only a week old, and I'm enjoying the challenge. I've read other newbie threads regarding adding drum tracks to projects. So far, I haven't had any success.
I downloaded Hydrogen 0.9.4- svn and have been able to create and save some drum patterns. What I can't do is get my created patterns from hydrogen into my reaper project. If anyone knows Hydrogen and can help, I'd be grateful.
Go easy...I'm a slow new learner, but I'm persistent. Thanks for any help you can give.
Hydrogen can be downloaded free from http://hydrogen-music.org

Gary
07-06-2007, 04:38 PM
I had to figure this one out for myself, and this is what works for me.

Write the drum pattern.
Go to PROJECT and click SAVE AS
Name the file and save it
Go to PROJECT again and click EXPORT SONG
Click on BROWSE
Type in the file name and click SAVE
Another window pops up and click on EXPORT
(this should export the file as a .wav file)
Open REAPER
Click on TRACK
Click ADD NEW TRACK
Click on INSERT
Click MEDIA FILE
Find your file and double click it

Your drum track should now be in reaper and ready to go.

Gary

reapwotusew
07-06-2007, 11:07 PM
gary
Thanks for your brilliant advice. Your suggestion worked out almost exactly(I lost my saved file,searched for it with search, and opened it with Reaper.) Reaper automatically created a new project for it, and I was then able to copy to my target project.
The next one I tried worked just as you said. Thanks for sharing this one. I don't think I would have ever put the right steps together to get the result required.

Thanks again.

Gary
07-06-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm glad it worked.

....(I lost my saved file,searched for it with search, .....

Yeah, thats why I said "find your file", I have to look around for mine too. I've only had Hydrogen for about a week so I'm still trying to figure it out myself. Maybe somebody will tell us both a better way to do it.

When you open the users manual in the help file do you get text? All I see are pics with no words.

Gary

reapwotusew
07-11-2007, 03:48 AM
gary

I found that when you do the first save as, save it in my music,go through the export thing as you said. When you open Reaper, go to my music and you should see your file.

I haven't tried this yet, but maybe if you save your drum track as a wav file in my music, you might be able to open it directly. I'll try it.

On your other point, when you open documentation, right click anywhere and the text will appear. It's not a big document, though it may help clarify things. I haven't looked at it thoroughly yet.

Gary
07-11-2007, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll play around with saving the files and see what I get.

Gary