PDA

View Full Version : M-audio Duo USB box

RonC
07-09-2007, 06:07 AM
greeting,
this is my first post so excuse any mistakes i may have made. I have been using Reaper for about a month and like it a great deal. so to get a better signal then my on board sound card, I got a used M-audio Duo. I loaded the software from the M-audio site (version 128) and rebooted everything, went into reaper, options, preferences, audio device, drop down ASIO, checked enable inputs, but it will not let me define the inputs and i get an error box that says-- error creating audio: error initalzing ASIO driver (please configure your audio device in preferences/audio devices). which is where i just came from.
any thoughts would be great
thanks
Ron

stodge
07-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Did you try the drivers from the CD first? I had problems getting my Fasttrack to work with the drivers on their site. The ones on the CD worked but with high latency. For some reason I had to install the drivers from the site several times before they finally worked. Odd I know...

RonC
07-09-2007, 02:03 PM
thanks for the help. I reloaded a couple of times and it took. then for some reson It lost it again. this time i went into windows and manualy updated the driver for the usb divice in the hardware section
now it seems to be good
ron