PDA

View Full Version : YounSoft ! Youn's new theme is truly surperior

mysteryman
07-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Yes, we have some talented people here, but this one is remarkable from both an artistic and ergonomic perspective.

This one should be noted as *truly* remakarkable a real breakthrough compared with Cubendo, Sonar, Samplitude, Pro Tools, et al

http://vfs.com/~byouells/YounSoft.zip

MM

Koed
07-15-2007, 03:29 AM
Love it, been using it all day and it's easy on the eyes and ergonomic.. Three thumbs up :)

Klemperer
07-16-2007, 05:24 AM
Yes, Alex Zonder had shown this over at KVR - it looks really good! Like Alex' own blues theme, so for first testings (= rather late to the party, but I was quite happy up to now with my other hosts) I'll use those two. And I read how *easy* it was in Reaper to change stuff you might not like in the skins (someone over there disliked gradients and so on).

caleb
07-16-2007, 05:47 AM
Yeah - I love this theme also. The color scheme is wonderful.
Really don't like any of the faders included, but you can't always like everything.

Regards
Caleb

alex zonder
07-16-2007, 08:15 AM
it looks really good!

Hi Georg, what a nice surprise to see you here! Hope you'll stay around - I'd find it difficult to imagine that REAPER would disappoint you... ;)

btw the great YounSoft icons, faders etc. work in various color settings just as fine. Just as an - not very refined - example, here's the Edward Young theme (I wanted a name with Youn in it...)

http://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/29221/Edward%20Young%20Theme.png

alex zonder
07-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Some changes to Edward (dark peaks) to make it more to my liking - (suppose I'm the opposite of Jason; in a somber mood I prefer a light theme, in a great mood I need some darker tones for some balance ;) )

http://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/29230/Edward%20Younger.png

Klemperer
07-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Hi Georg, what a nice surprise to see you here! Hope you'll stay around - I'd find it difficult to imagine that REAPER would disappoint you... ;)
]

You are right, of course, it didn't disappoint me of course:-). I like Reaper already much.
I am an old EXT1-boy, have done some FAQs and Tips for it and a reaaaally not needed and very rough late-night- translation of a beginner's guide. (All users of EXT can perfectly understand english...). So I needed a bit of too much time it seems to go to this place... Then there were some strange KVR-threads in winter as I already wanted to buy a license after just 2 days of testing; a bit of flame-wars, and not *only* from the people who don't like or didn't test Reaper. Anyway, here I am:-)). Justin seems to be a world class coder, and as if he wouldn't know himself: I heard that in e-mails from various people too, including other programmers:-).

I did watch Reaper from nearly the start though, and I really appreciate the way Justin is doing this all. This is like it should be (says the man who had a bad PC in the past and so many re-installs+ challenge response-stuff, grrrr).
For example I already showed Reaper to 5 young musicians who can now test it and then will maybe buy it in some future, they are pretty young:-). They play in a band and showing them the fx-chains after the great pipeline audio-videos and putting some guitar-jesusonic fx in a chain might already have convinced them:-). They like making music and not reading too many manuals:-).

Concerning skins, do you professionals like Youn and Alex and more use expensive stuff, or is it possible in Gimp too (never really much looked into it to be frank)? Well, as all those nice skins are around now there are manymany nice ones to choose!!

From some pms over at KVR I can safely say that even more new Reaper users will be around the corner or have already bought a license. I had to decide between Podium and Reaper - and just like both very much.

cheers Alex, and sorry for the off topic-post!

pipelineaudio
07-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Klemperer, be sure to join us in the chatroom anytime, and tell anyone who has questions to come on by too, just click for the JAVA one http://www.mixxnet.net/java/?channel=reaper

or in a regular irc client its:
server: irc.mixxnet.net
channel: #reaper

A lot of the themers are using GIMP, White Tie I think is making an inkscape tutorial, GIMPshop gets mentioned, some of us use paint.net. As long as you like it and it can save *.png's it should be fine.

quasar333666
07-24-2007, 12:43 PM
This is my favorite theme so far. Easy on the eyes, great icons. Just enough contrast, not too much (though I did tweak the grid lines a bit).

Great work Youn, an act to follow!

remi_2
07-26-2007, 05:06 AM
Hi there, just dropping a line to mention a problem I'm having with the midi editor transport bar using YounSoft.

The buttons are either blank/corrupt.

EDIT:

all buttons which are not active in the main transport control are blank, the active ones are displayed improperly