PDA

View Full Version : No sound!

Yaz
08-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Greetings and salutations all. (that sounded so lame)
Howdy, got a problem with audio, sound plays fine, shut down 'puter come back next day, meters jumping on everything no audio coming out the system speakers.

Vista Home Premium(I know it sucks)
E-Mu0404 soundcard going to mixing board and amp/preamp to speakers.
Asio4all

Does it reguardless of using the asio drivers from E-mu or asio4all.

Stumped, the only way to get it back is to un-install soundcard drivers and re-install. Any ideas?

bigwoody
08-09-2007, 12:05 PM
On the Master Track in the Mixer, right click on the button just above the FX, and verify that the output is directed to your Mixer/Amp/Speakers chain. It is just a thought, but I have mine going to a headphone amp AND my monitors, and sometimes I forget to select both and wonder why one or the other isn't playing.

Once you get it dialed in you can save the template as your project default and you won't have to do it again.

Yaz
08-10-2007, 03:39 AM
Thanks Woody, will check to see if that's the problem. Haven't changed it but with Vista I'm finding weird stuff every day!

Klemperer
08-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Thanks Woody, will check to see if that's the problem. Haven't changed it but with Vista I'm finding weird stuff every day!

I might have to get a new laptop soon - but as they are just sold with Vista, first thing I'll going to do in the beginning is to replace Vista with my old XP. And thanks to people like Justin we *can* do this without going to beg for another challenge response and so on:-).

By the way, in your case the emu-asio drivers should behave much better than the Asio4all??? Asio4all is in most cases a very great solution if a soundcard has no asio at all, is it? (nothing to do with your problem, I know).

Yaz
08-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Hi klemp, yeah it does the same with both asio drivers. The card drivers are beta release for vista, not public released as of yet. Could be the problem. Public release due out late Sept. I have no other clue what it could be so am dealing with the headache til public release drivers out.

Yaz
08-11-2007, 05:01 AM
This is a sporadic problem. I'm not the only one experiencing this. Found feedback at E-Mu, it's the patchmix software causing no sound. Maybe they will get it fixed with the public release drivers. Thanks for everyone's help here!

Diogenes
08-11-2007, 07:17 AM
EMU will get it sorted out Yaz. Hang in there... I was an early adopter of EMU's sound cards. I have a "vintage" 1820M I suppose! :D Anyway, back then there were growing pains with the driver and PatchMix software. Once they got it sorted though, it just works. I don't even have to think about it. Just boot and jam.

Vista will get there... meanwhile I'll keep cruisin' along in my antique XP/1820M combo.

D

Yaz
08-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Thanks D, I'm still hanging. It's a pain reloading drivers and software. Thank the Lord it doesn't happen everytime I boot up. Just glad it wasn't me doing something stupid as I normally do!