PDA

View Full Version : ReaEQ Presets - try these

nicholas
08-14-2007, 08:51 PM
There's been a few threads lately about lack of presets for Cockos and JS plugins. Here's some that I've made for ReaEQ:

http://www.cockos.com/~glazfolk/ReaEQMisc.RPL

I'd appreciate it of folks could download these and try some out, but please remember:

1. Presets are starting points, not final destinations. Every male voice is different from every other for example. Be prepared to have to tweak!

2. EQ is only part of the story, especially for Bass and Percussion. Some of these should really be applied in conjunction with ReaComp for best results.

I'd appreciate any feedback, in particular:

- Would it be worth my taking the time and effort to make presets for other plugins?

- Would it be helpful if these, modified if necessary, were to be bundled into the Reaper install file? I'm happy for this to happen if the community and Justin are.

;)

andyya
08-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Nicholas,
I would really like to try your presets, but there is nothing at the end of this link.

dungbeetle
08-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Nicholas.

Thanks for these.

My web browser opens the file directly, e.g.:

<REAPER_PRESET_LIBRARY `VST: ReaEQ (Cockos)`
<PRESET `Acoustic Guitar Bright`
cWVlcu5e7f4CAAAAAQAAAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAIAAAABAAAAAA AAAA==
AgAAAAAAAAC4AAAAAQAAAAAAAAAgAAAABQAAAAIAAAABAAAAwl gztQ==
XY5AQHrpHOuSJOo/AAAAAAAAAEACAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAAAGlAzTt/Zg==
nqDmPwAAAAAAAPA/AgAAAAEAAAAAAAAAAECfQD1uPaX+Zek/AAAAAA==
AADwPwIAAAABAAAAAAAAAACIs0DSRS8q7gz0PwAAAAAAAPA/AQAAAA==
AQAAAKhoYhp/kcBAbKuqm51c8T8AAAAAAAAAQAEAAAABAAAAAAAAAA==
AADwPw==

etc., etc.

Do we need to 'save as' perhaps, and if so, in which directory should the file go?

Cheers
d

Bebop52
08-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Link works fine here. Download, load instance of REAeq into REAPER, click little 3 dot button in FX chain wndow, and choose IMPORT PRESETS, navigate to whatever folder you downloaded it into, and hey presto. Will try your presets later, thank you you for your efforts. Cheers.

dungbeetle
08-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Ahh, OK.

Thanks Bebop.

simpsongb
08-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Nicholas

When I click on your link, it opens a webpage with a > in it...no download...no love..:(

dungbeetle
08-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Nicholas

When I click on your link, it opens a webpage with a > in it...no download...no love..:(

Do right-click > 'save link as' and save the file somewhere.

Then follow Bebop's instructions above (post #4) and you're good to go! :)

dungbeetle
08-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Just tried a few of these out, Nicholas.

Great stuff. Thank you. :)

- Would it be worth my taking the time and effort to make presets for other plugins?

Oh, yes please.

For me, ReaComp is the one I'm not able to get the best out of yet. (Too many sliders - not enough know-how, if you catch my drift!)

Any presets for that would be much appreciated.

Cheers
d

mission
08-15-2007, 01:08 PM
not to discourage your work and helping others out but I think the presets are lacking because eq and comp settings are typically very project specific. presets are helpful for newbies to get their heads around concepts like subtractive eqing and minimal, peak reduction compression but I rarely find myself using the same settings unless its a specific plugin rack chain that I keep around for a specific artists vocals or something. otherwise I use those two fx as a "season to taste" type of thing

pipelineaudio
08-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Nicholas please stick those in here too

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11717

RokkD
08-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi,

My name is RokkD.......and I use presets.. :o

Thanks for these nickolas, while eqing is a matter of season to taste, I'm always up for trying someone else's chilli, sometimes they hit the spot ..:)

And while we're on Reaeq, let me also thank axel_ef for these, (with some very nice drum presets included here)

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6596&highlight=Reaeq+presets

--

nicholas
08-15-2007, 02:50 PM

Thanks, done! :)

sinkmusic
08-15-2007, 03:16 PM
I'd appreciate any feedback, in particular:

- Would it be helpful if these, modified if necessary, were to be bundled into the Reaper install file? I'm happy for this to happen if the community and Justin are.

;)

Thank you very much, Nicholas. I already told it, but you really do contribute a lot to Reaper, with the manual, and now with some presets.
I have written on several threads here that indeed, REafx deserved some presets and also a dedicated webpage.
If possible, I would like the presets to be included in the efx, so that it avoids the pain to browse a whole HD to load them ;)

alex zonder
08-15-2007, 03:24 PM

thanks nicholas for these useful presets!

btw pipe in your second post of that thread your own presets & chains are announced but not to be found.

And we got LOSER's ReaPlugs presets as well, but gone down in this forum's abysses :)