PDA

View Full Version : 2 monitor setup

simpic
02-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Hi all,

Quick question, can I use two monitors with reaper and if so is it easy to set up?

Ricky Reject
02-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Yes, it's no problem. You can for insance detach the mixer in Reaper and move it to the secondary monitor and have the track view and transport on the other...or detach the transport and move it about, etc. etc...

simpic
02-22-2013, 02:10 PM
That's brilliant Ricky thanks for the super fast reply :-)

nym
02-22-2013, 02:18 PM
i did this for a couple years and eventually opted for 1 monitor and smarter use of custom actions to display stuff.

rictheobscene
02-22-2013, 02:31 PM
I have 4 monitors with Reaper.

My particular way of working with it has the home window with the sequencer and docker on it, and the mixer floated to a second monitor.

I usually use the other 2 monitors for Reason, but will also drag floating panels to them if necessary.

I post a screen shot if you want.

simpic
02-22-2013, 02:57 PM
I have 4 monitors with Reaper.

My particular way of working with it has the home window with the sequencer and docker on it, and the mixer floated to a second monitor.

I usually use the other 2 monitors for Reason, but will also drag floating panels to them if necessary.

I post a screen shot if you want.

A screen shot would be great, how is it set up in reaper as I just searched the user guide and didn't find any info?

Ricky Reject
02-22-2013, 03:26 PM
:)

Another way of having it is to stretch out the track view across both monitors. I think this requires Reaper to be windozed tho (i.e. not full screen). Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

I used to have track+transport on one monitor and the mixer on the other. Nowadays tho I basically run Reaper on one monitor and my audio card interface on the secondary one which sits on top of my main monitor. It's also good for displaying chord sheets and stuff :)

EDIT: found this...doesn't tell you much, but atleast it shows you something: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLACzeODUkM

rictheobscene
02-22-2013, 06:31 PM
http://forum.cockos.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

Diogenes
02-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Being stuck for the moment with one 23" monitor, I make good use of screen sets. It is in the manual. F7 is full track view, F8 shrinks the view but shows the mixer. Explore screen sets... worth the effort IMO.

D

simpic
02-22-2013, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the replys guys, I use the F keys at the moment tho shortcut between the mixer and sequencer view but I'm only on a laptop so just wanting the monitor tho give me more screen space.