PDA

View Full Version : Saving as a Midi file

JohnB47
09-08-2007, 08:21 AM
Well, you can tell what I'm concentrating on today.

I'm getting great help on another thread but I thought I'd not overload that one with too many questions, so here's a new one.

I've imported a Midi file created on my piano, I've played around with it, creating different voices (or patches - I've seen both terms used) and I though I'd transfer it back to the piano and hear what it sounds like. The trouble is, when I try to save it, I can't find how to save it as a midi file.

Can anyone tell me how this can be done?

Thanks.

Diogenes
09-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Open the MIDI track in the Editor then choose File > Export to new MIDI file. NOTE: If the track contains multiple MIDI items, I think you have to "glue" them so the entire track exports.

D

JohnB47
09-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Thank you. I'll have a look at 'glueing' sometime.

Cheers.

JohnB47
09-11-2007, 05:40 AM
I've played around with this for a while and now realise that when I have a multi track midi project open, I can't find a way to create a 'saved as' midi file with all tracks included. I only seem to be able to create a new midi file with one track.

The last post referred to 'glueing' but I can't find any reference to it in the user guide.

Can anyone describe how I create a new 'one track' copy midi file from a multi track original one?

Cheers.

JohnB47
09-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Any ideas on this one?

Thanks.

JohnB47
09-13-2007, 05:11 AM
Hi.

I have now reposted this question in the "REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto" section.

Thanks.