PDA

View Full Version : Setting the BPM/BPI

geojay
08-02-2005, 01:36 AM
Sorry if this is a dumb question in advance.

I've searched the forums, the website and even google for how to set the BPM for my NINJAM. Yes I am the administrator and I have the rights to do so on my server. Also, what is BPI? something to do with beats per bar? Thanks

plasticmetal
08-02-2005, 11:24 AM
To change the BPM/BPI on your server, in the Chat Box you would type " /bpm 177 " for BPM (without the ""'s and 177 is your bpm) and " /bpi 8 " for BPI (Beats Per Interval).

[not 100% positive on this one...] yes, BPI will adjust how long your 'bar lengths' are and also it seems the BPI controls how many counts before audio packages are received on the clients end.
IE: If your jamming with someone on the other side of the world and experience audio dropping, try increasing the BPI. This may create a larger 'buffer'... [is that right, anybody else??]

geojay
08-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Thanks plasticmetal, I was typing "/bpm" without any parameters and it said "unknown command" or similar so I gave up on it. I also tried "/bpi" and "/topic" which produced the same (non)result. Maybe a quick "/help" or "/?" command could also be handy, I'm going to check out the source and see what else is in there - I'd also volunteer to write more explanitory messages than "unknown command" but I'm less than a week away from major exams. Try me in about 3 weeks time.