PDA

View Full Version : Basic Recording Question

agrod29
11-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey,

New to Reaper. Wanted to know how I can change the input so that the program records from sounds on my computer (i.e. if I wanted to record from my iTunes) as opposed to from my computer's mic. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

xxavengeatticaxx
12-03-2007, 11:55 AM
try setting the tracks input to your soundcards line in...?

stratman
12-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Maybe I’m misunderstanding your question, but are you simply asking how to get audio files from your computer into Reaper? If the track is an MP3 or one of many other formats, you can just drag it into Reaper and it will appear as a track.

However, I don’t think Reaper can import the Itunes format (M4P format); at least it didn’t work when I just tried it. This is easy to get around. There are slicker ways of doing it, but below is a simple method.

From Itunes, burn the track to a CD R or preferably an RW if you don’t want to waste a CD, then take the CD out of the disc drive.

Now within Itunes, under Edit/Preferences/Advanced/Importing, select Import Using MP3 encoder from the drop down menu. Also, under the Setting drop down menu I’d also select a higher quality option for best sound.

With Itunes open, put the CD back into the CD drive. Itunes should give you the option of importing the track. When you import the track it will now be an MP3.

Close Itunes, because I sometimes get audio conflicts with Reaper, but that depends on your audio driver settings.

Find the MP3 on your hard drive.

Open Reaper and drag the MP3 into it.

Pete