PDA

View Full Version : Problem accessing available songs

JAH
07-15-2006, 03:20 AM
I'm trying to view the recent 100 rss feed with IE and keep getting this error:

"The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following tags were not closed: rss, channel. Error processing resource 'http://autosong.ninjam.com/rssdir.php?limit=10..."

I sort of understand what XML is, but can't find a way to fix this problem.

can anyone help?

thank you

NIGHTCHILD
07-15-2006, 07:06 AM
you can get autosongs to work by leaving the search field blank and clicking the fing contrutors tab
a list of jams will pop up and work i did this yesrterday

JAH
07-15-2006, 07:22 PM
NIGHTCHILD!

I was able to see the most recent jams by using the solution you gave me. I didn't find any jams that I was on. Am I suppose to register my nick with the servers? I've been logging onto them anonymously. If so...... how do I register for the servers? It gives me a invalid login.

NIGHTCHILD
07-16-2006, 07:47 AM
as far as i know server registration is not necesary at the moment but what do i know lol

synthany
07-16-2006, 11:37 AM
it takes a few days for jams to be posted. keep checking back.

tbfx
07-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Autosong is only recording channel 2049 isnt it?
(might be why you cant find your session)

Btw, unless you turn it off, your hard drive
has an unmixed copy of your session stored.
You can even edit it with Reaper.

misterC
07-16-2006, 06:37 PM
autosong used to only generate from the first 3 servers, but now I get the license agreement on 2052 as well so I guess its watching all 4.

If your using windows and you check the anonymous login box, the name you type in the username should still be what autosong sees....

If you're using linux, instead of just "anonymous" as the username, use "anonymous:yournamehere" (minus the quotes of course)

JAH
07-16-2006, 11:50 PM
thanks guys for your help. I did find the jams in the ninjam folder. a whopping 1.83 gig wav file for one of them ;}

i may edit it down in cool edit pro. wish i played better cause at the time it seemed to be syncing well but after hearing the mix it seemed a bit off. oh well. i'll figure the metronome out sometime soon.

l8r

FingerSoup
07-17-2006, 06:19 AM
could also be latency - if your sound card is recording 2 seconds behind, and the metronome is synced with the music, you can still come thru a second or 2 off...