PDA

View Full Version : Some tips on programming effects in Jesusonic

Justin
01-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Here are some thoughts on how to get started programming Jesusonic effects. Effects are programmed in a language that is similar in some ways to C, though a bit more simple.

To get started, try hitting E on an existing effect to edit its source. You will be able to scroll around, looking at how the effect works. Once you are in the editor, you can hit F1 to view the editor's help, which includes reference on the language, functions, and sections.

If you want to try modifying the effect, a good way is to open it, then hit Ctrl+N (to save it to a new file), type in a new filename, and save it. Once you have saved a new copy, try making small changes to see how they effect the effect.

Feel free to add more tips to this thread if you have helpful information!

Zevensoft
01-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Planning out your effects first really helps, also try to use indentation correctly, and // comments are your FRIEND! Readability is paramount to good code.

Justin
01-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Here is the documentation that is available within Jesusonic's editor, in convenient HTML format:

http://www.jesusonic.com/docs/jesusonic_code_reference.html

David
05-25-2005, 05:53 AM
Do you have any good resources to point out dealing with learning DSP? Or some good books to reccomend?

I'm decent at general programming, but I know virtually nothing about DSP. I want to learn.

Any pointers?

Thanks!

pipelineaudio
07-11-2006, 02:49 AM
david, I am trying to make my way through www.dspguide.com