PDA

View Full Version : A User Guide for Mac Users?

nicholas
06-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Now that REAPER on the Mac is something of a reality, I'm working on including something for Mac Users by way of documentation.

The next upgrade to the documentation will include basically just a summary of booster key differences and screen shots for Mac audio settings.

My question is whether you guys think this is enough, or whether you think a separate Mac edition would be useful.

Tallisman
06-16-2008, 10:21 PM
imho... just a little clarification at the start should suffice.
If I remember correctly that is all there is in my dusty Cubendo manual.

.t

Kainer
06-16-2008, 10:30 PM
I do think that a summary of booster key differences and screen shots for audio settings would be great.

...and enough, imho

marcelvdg
06-17-2008, 12:12 AM
I'd like to think that the beauty of a multi-platform DAW is once you've learned how to use one version you should able to pick up the other relatively quickly.

Surely a couple of pages summary is all thats needed...

GIlJanus
06-17-2008, 01:08 AM
I'll have to look thru the current manual and see what looks really different.

I'll post something later today. A comprehensive shortcut/keyboard map would be a necessary item to produce.

nicholas
06-17-2008, 02:15 AM
A comprehensive shortcut/keyboard map would be a necessary item to produce.

Yes, this is on the "to-do list". I'm assuming they're basically the same and I can just globally search and replace in the current Reaper (PC) Shortcut Guide , e.g. Cmmd for Ctrl, Opt for Alt, etc.

nicholas
06-17-2008, 02:16 AM
A comprehensive shortcut/keyboard map would be a necessary item to produce.

PS Embarrassing question, does Mac have F1 to F12?

marcelvdg
06-17-2008, 04:00 AM
My MacBook has F1 to F12 but they are usually dedicated to really useful OS X finder commands unless you specifically switch off that functionality (which is what is done on most DAW-dedicated machines).