PDA

View Full Version : v242 rc0 is up ...

nicholas
07-24-2008, 11:19 PM
... and you first read it here! :D

v2.42rc0 - July 24 2008
+ Wavpack writer: fixed rendering to wrong bit depth bug
+ Per item custom colors
+ New actions window for finding actions, defining custom actions, assigning key and controller shortcuts
+ Dedicated actions menu including recent actions list, optionally some custom actions
+ Preliminary meta-actions for use within custom actions: prompt to continue, prompt to loop
+ Meta-actions for modifying midi CCs/mousewheel/etc assignment velocities
+ Mousewheel is now a mappable shortcut to actions for the main arrange view and midi editor views
+ MIDI editor: avoid making duplicates when pasting notes
+ MIDI editor: show loop markers, action to move edit cursor to mouse cursor
+ MIDI editor: select previous/next/all note(s) with same note value, paste preserving position in measure (ctrl-shift-V)
+ MIDI editor: actions to navigate/select previous/next note (walks through chords)
+ MIDI editor: actions to set loop points, move edit cursor to selection or either end of loop
+ MIDI editor: new navigate menu, lots of new actions to navigate, select notes, expand selection
+ MIDI editor: Actions window
+ New actions: expand selected tracks, minimize all others (default shortcut '!'), minimize all tracks ('@')
+ New actions: halve/double loop (in arrange or MIDI editor view)
+ New actions: mute/unmute (in addition to existing toggle) selected items
+ New actions: select all items in time selection, or track and time selection
+ New action: insert 4 envelope points at time selection
+ Fixed healing splits for items in multi-lane (FIPM) tracks
+ Fixed midi overdub recording with loop selection autopunch issues
+ ReWire: improvements (better PT compat), option for alternate configuration file for slave mode
+ ReWire: fixed loading of MIDI input 8-16 config
+ ReWire: improved configuration, ReWire->REAPER MIDI routing config
+ JS: fixed mousewheel in certain JS sliders
+ JS: new phase_adjust plugin
+ JS: moved more FX to old_unsupported
+ VST: patch name box no longer accidentally editable, "rename FXP/FXB" added to patch save/load menu
+ API: added GetPeaksBitmap, ShowActionList functions
+ ReaRoute: fixed some race condition issues, and enabled support for win64-Wow64 rearouting on x64 (expect an x64 rearoute.dll soon)
+ Safer waveout/dsound shutdown sequencing (closer to 2.3x)

Lebedjev
07-25-2008, 01:05 AM
Very nice to see all new MIDI implementations.

Finnish
07-25-2008, 01:30 AM
This development is just amazing

geoffroy
07-25-2008, 01:35 AM
... and you first read it here! :D

v2.42rc0 - July 24 2008
+ New actions: expand selected tracks, minimize all others (default shortcut '!'), minimize all tracks ('@')

good!

I'd love an action to resize the tracks vertically to fit the screen height.

griz lee
07-25-2008, 01:52 AM
+1

please could the ! track zoom action be a toggle. That would really be way cool.

great new release guys. i'm seriously impressed.

airon
07-25-2008, 02:16 AM
+1

I'll add my support to making the track zoom/minize others a toggle. When I posted the idea this was the goal.

Alex Stone
07-25-2008, 02:24 AM
plus one for both, the current ! as a plain action (to use in a macro), and a further action as a toggle.

The ~ and ` keys do fine, as minimise/maximise/inbetween tracks ks's, now.

Alex.

Bevosss
07-25-2008, 03:28 AM
Expand is a really cool action, and deserves a toggle.

I'd prefer it left other tracks the height they are, as minimized is a little small for my liking...I prefer the next level up actually (level 2?)

As well as an action, an option to make tracks auto-expand when clicked would be cool, that was one of Logic's best features I thought.

As far as zooming an area goes, the best method I've seen is hold 'Z' for instance, drag-select the area to zoom and release, and the selected area fills the screen.

Then hit 'Z' again, and it toggles back to the previous view. It's fast and easy to use, if there's a better way I haven't seen it...it's a lot like opening an item in an editor in appearance.

Very, very impressed with the speed and quality of actions this pre-release...kudos to the whole team! Thanks... :)

shogger
07-25-2008, 03:30 AM
Bug:

All actions except the custom ones are not editable.

Shogger

Bevosss
07-25-2008, 03:45 AM
Bug:

All actions except the custom ones are not editable.

Shogger

That's because they are single actions, so you can only change the shortcuts.

Bevosss
07-25-2008, 03:46 AM
Repro:

Expand a track

Hit Page Up

result = all tracks are resized to expand size.

nicholas
07-25-2008, 04:05 AM
Repro:
Expand a track
Hit Page Up

Confirmed here ... and (which is weird) if you hit Page Down instead of Page Up :confused:

Bevosss
07-25-2008, 04:09 AM
Confirmed here ... and (which is weird) if you hit Page Down instead of Page Up :confused:

Strange, nothing happens here if I hit Page Down after Expanding a track...only for page Up as above.

Bevosss
07-25-2008, 04:16 AM
Generally, I prefer the horizontal zoom focus is to the edit cursor.

However, I made a magnifier macro that zooms vertically and horizontally...and it works much better when the horizontal focus is on the mouse cursor.

http://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/53470/108625211911-Edit-Custom-Action.png

Any chance there could be a separate focus for this?

shogger
07-25-2008, 05:14 AM
That's because they are single actions, so you can only change the shortcuts.

Wouldn't it be cooler if all actions would be handled as custom actions?
There are certain cases where I would like to add more functionality. E.g. add autozoom to track selection up/down. Now I have to make a custom action where I have to start from scratch: Find the original action, add the added actions, assign a shortcut to the new custom action and verify that I really want to overwrite the old shortcut.
If normal actions would simply be custom actions with only one action it would be very quick to add more functionality to that (custom) action which already has a shortcut assigned.

Shogger

P.S. While at it: If we would get autozoom togglable it would be even cooler if it could be a global toggle. So that if I would have it assigned as written above the other dependant actions would behave accordingly. :)

gofer
07-25-2008, 06:29 AM
Now, that's cool stuff!

+ Meta-actions for modifying midi CCs/mousewheel/etc assignment velocities

No need to put "scroll vertical" 3 times in a row anymore for my quick scroller :D

4 point insertion to envelopes is better now, but could still be more extreme. At least for my use of the feature.

Frank

Art Evans
07-25-2008, 06:29 AM
Wouldn't it be cooler if all actions would be handled as custom actions? And then what would you do if you wanted to use a single action component of something you had turned into a custom multiple action? I don't think what you are suggesting would work at all.

Justin
07-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Repro:

Expand a track

Hit Page Up

Pageup/down both set the size of all tracks relative to the last touched track.. which in that case is large...

Art Evans
07-25-2008, 08:27 AM
If we could cut and paste selections (not necessarily contiguous) from the history window to the actions window, we'd have an actions recorder for easy custom action creation.

shogger
07-25-2008, 11:21 AM
And then what would you do if you wanted to use a single action component of something you had turned into a custom multiple action? I don't think what you are suggesting would work at all.

I think it would.
One way to handle this problem would be to create a new action every time you create such a multi action, just as it is done right now (custom action). It just would be faster to create the multi which inherits the first action and it's key command.

BTW, what about copying a custom action or it's list (in the custom action creator)? Would make certain things faster, too.

Shogger

zappsunzorn
07-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Under the new navigate menu control+num 8 and 2 are both labeled down

slops
07-25-2008, 02:22 PM
It just would be faster to create the multi which inherits the first action and it's key command.

100% agree.