PDA

View Full Version : Post Bug Reports Here...

Justin
12-23-2005, 12:50 PM
... and I will fix ASAP :)

-Justin

Henry
12-26-2005, 10:30 PM
The first time I try to add an effect on my machine I get an error that I don't have MFC71.DLL. This is not a fatal error, execution continues after dismissing the error dialog. Only happens the first time I try to add an effect.

Steps to reproduce:
hit any "FX" button on a reaper project
Hit the "Add" button on the tool dialog that pops up
A progress bar begins running, stops at "Scanning 10/19: PCM" when the error dialog pops up.

"reaper.exe - Unable To Locate Component"
"This application has failed to start because MFC71.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Justin
12-27-2005, 01:33 AM
The first time I try to add an effect on my machine I get an error that I don't have MFC71.DLL. This is not a fatal error, execution continues after dismissing the error dialog. Only happens the first time I try to add an effect.

Steps to reproduce:
hit any "FX" button on a reaper project
Hit the "Add" button on the tool dialog that pops up
A progress bar begins running, stops at "Scanning 10/19: PCM" when the error dialog pops up.

"reaper.exe - Unable To Locate Component"
"This application has failed to start because MFC71.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

This is some directX plug-in you have installed causing this, I will look into dealing with it better...

-Justin

HeroHog
01-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Reaper is causing my workstation to lock solid.

I downloaded and installed the latest build of Reaper and it ran the sample fine. When I went to configure the audio, Total Lock-up. It required a power-down/power-up to regain control. Repeated attempts reproduced the same results. I also made sure that I had up-to-date audio drivers and no other audio applications installed/loaded. I had to uninstall.

The machine is a Dell Dimension 4700; 2.8 gHz PROCESSOR, 80547, PENTIUM 4 PRESCOTT DT, 520, SKT-T Hyper-Threading; 1gig RAM; 160GB Serial ATA HD; SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio.

cryptomail
01-04-2006, 01:42 AM
What drivers are you using?
What audio config did you shoot for?... ASIO / DirectSound, Kernel Streaming / WaveOut?
Or did you even get that far, seems like your crash/lockup pass is after the panel came up, it then kerplunks on you?
Is that what happened?
If that's the case you could check to see what is going on in your reaper.ini file.
Maybe you could switch drivers without the use of the panel by replacing the ini file to contain a "better" set of defaults, that you want to target.
Can you post your ini file?
Then, maybe consider using the ASIO drivers from www.asio4all.com.

Another question, did you try recording with the current setup?
Even though it is kerplunked, just avoid the panel, and see if it records...I don't know what the default is...perhaps Justin can comment on that.

Reaper is causing my workstation to lock solid.

I downloaded and installed the latest build of Reaper and it ran the sample fine. When I went to configure the audio, Total Lock-up. It required a power-down/power-up to regain control. Repeated attempts reproduced the same results. I also made sure that I had up-to-date audio drivers and no other audio applications installed/loaded. I had to uninstall.

The machine is a Dell Dimension 4700; 2.8 gHz PROCESSOR, 80547, PENTIUM 4 PRESCOTT DT, 520, SKT-T Hyper-Threading; 1gig RAM; 160GB Serial ATA HD; SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio.

kejkz
01-07-2006, 06:39 AM
hello, I have downloaded the latest version (0.43) and I adore it! This program will be a blast when it comes to more mature state, but even now is realy usefull. I have found some bugs:

VST plugin host reads only parent folder, not subfolders. I have many subfolders with plugs and this is realy a problem.

and this is mainly a problem, how can play vsti or dxi plugs? When I try to play with my midi keyboard, i dont hear nothing?

HeroHog
01-07-2006, 08:07 AM
What drivers are you using?
What audio config did you shoot for?... ASIO / DirectSound, Kernel Streaming / WaveOut?
Or did you even get that far, seems like your crash/lockup pass is after the panel came up, it then kerplunks on you?
Is that what happened?
If that's the case you could check to see what is going on in your reaper.ini file.
Maybe you could switch drivers without the use of the panel by replacing the ini file to contain a "better" set of defaults, that you want to target.
Can you post your ini file?
Then, maybe consider using the ASIO drivers from www.asio4all.com.

Another question, did you try recording with the current setup?
Even though it is kerplunked, just avoid the panel, and see if it records...I don't know what the default is...perhaps Justin can comment on that.

It locks up BEFORE I can configure anything. I just installed ASIO and reinstalled Reaper... same result. Below is my INI. What changes do you suggest? It works on my latest laptop provided I use the right driver selection.

I haven't tried playing or recording with the default setup as I don't trust it not to freeze up my PC at this point. Windows does not take well to many re-boots after complete lockups...

System Type: Dimension 4700
PENTIUM 4 PRESCOTT DT, 520, 2.8 mHz CPU
1 gig RAM
HARD DRIVE, 160GB, Serial ATA
Intigrated SoundMAX digital Audio

[REAPER]
lastproject=C:\Program Files\REAPER\sample_project\sample_project.rpp
mixwnd_vis=1

Justin
01-07-2006, 02:13 PM
hello, I have downloaded the latest version (0.43) and I adore it! This program will be a blast when it comes to more mature state, but even now is realy usefull. I have found some bugs:

VST plugin host reads only parent folder, not subfolders. I have many subfolders with plugs and this is realy a problem.

and this is mainly a problem, how can play vsti or dxi plugs? When I try to play with my midi keyboard, i dont hear nothing?

I will make sure that the VST subfolders is addressed soon.

As far as playing with the MIDI keyboard:

1) create a track
2) Set its input to a MIDI input (you may need to check the appropriate midi device in the preferences), and set monitoring to be on.
3) add the VSTi to that track's effect list.

Good luck

kejkz
01-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Thank you, MIDI works flawlesly with VSTi. I tried synth 1 dxi and that combinaton dont work.

Justin
01-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Thank you, MIDI works flawlesly with VSTi. I tried synth 1 dxi and that combinaton dont work.

Yes, DXi support is not in yet, expect it soon.

-Justin

Amether
08-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Peaks aren't built for items from ROM devices. Not sure if this is a bug as such...

Odin
08-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Fine!
When the DX-version of the Waves Q10 (or any other EQ from the Q-series) has unused bands (not activated), then the result of APPLY FX AS NEW TAKE is noise. All bands have to be activated, to get a correct rendering result. Playback works fine.

Amether
08-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Loops that must be downsampled from a higher frequency stop after first play when timestretched. (Longer or shorter) (RME HDSP 9652, P4 2.4GHz 1GB RAM).

(ie 48KHz loops stop after first play when running at 44KHz, 88khz loops stop after first play at 48kz or 44KHz)

atomsound
10-11-2014, 05:54 AM
I've just upgraded to the latest version (after a fairly long gap of not upgrading)
all my Waves plugs are failing to load! This is pretty disatrous. How can I downgrade back to the previous version until this is fixed?

[edit]
rebooted. It all works now. DOH!

bluzkat
10-11-2014, 05:56 AM
You can download 'old' versions of Reaper from here:

http://www.cockos.com/reaper/download-old.php.

:cool:

Viente
10-11-2014, 06:39 AM
... and I will fix ASAP :)

-Justin

Is this still valid? I have some! :)