PDA

View Full Version : Scripting

pipelineaudio
01-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Someone mentioned a script to get a vegas project into here, can anyone write it?

I am not worried about fx or even levels at this point, just so that all the little chunks end up at the right place. I want to give REAPER a good run through

Justin
01-06-2006, 02:42 PM
I've been planning on writing an EDL TXT file reader for REAPER, maybe I should just do that.. vegas can export to EDL TXT, which just is what you require (and not much else)..

-Justin

pipelineaudio
01-06-2006, 03:34 PM
kickass! Hopefully one of our script maniacs will write it so we can let you get on with the business of tweaking reaper, but either way, cant wait!

RedStone
06-22-2006, 09:34 AM
I would love to export my vegas files into reaper as well ... I wrote a post asking about importning Acid files / any other files into reaper

must be pretty crazy to write a script for that though, but it would be A-Mazing!

sinkmusic
06-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Vegas, yes, and... errh.... Acid, too ???? :)
importing/exporting Acd files : wowowowow !
Certainly not the thing i'd need the most right now, but it would be so nice to open my hundreds of Acid projects into REaper !

kejkz
06-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Doesen't acid export it's stretched waves as single channels? Why do you need to import projects in Reaper if they are already sequenced in Acid?

sinkmusic
06-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Doesen't acid export it's stretched waves as single channels? Why do you need to import projects in Reaper if they are already sequenced in Acid?

Well, not to use Acid any more, and use Reaper instead ! !
I mean, acid is fine for audio looping, but it is so shitty with VST, and most of all, a real crap at handling Midi and VSTI.
And in the version i own, i have no folder tracks, and can't move one clip to another track (what i like reaper for).
Then, i d'like to import my old Acid files in Reaper to slice audio, move clips into any track, add VSTI, use VST plugin in a stable and secure way, etc etc etc.
I mean, even at a beta stage, REaper does thing Acid never did in more than 6 versions !

kejkz
06-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Yes, i understand your point, acid is good for fast loopin, but bad for creative side. At least for me, i tried a ver 2 back in 1999 i think.

Youn
06-23-2006, 06:03 PM
I probably COULD write this, but it of course would notbe integrated with REAPER, and then the next day it might be, so I'm not gonna waste my time :)

Rednroll
06-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Youn, if you notice this is an old post that was started back in January, and then all of a sudden got rekindled. Reaper can Open Vegas EDL files. So basically you save your project in Vegas as an EDL and open it in Reaper. This works the same way now if you're a Samplitude user. For Acid...well it doesn't have EDL export capabilities like Vegas. The best way to get an Acid project into Reaper is to select "Render As>.WAV" and there is the Acid check box "Save each track as a seperate file". Then just import all the seperate tracks into Reaper.

Jae.Thomas
06-24-2006, 07:56 AM
If you really think about it, with reapers current feature set and workflow, i think it would be pretty hard to do an .acd import.

sinkmusic
06-24-2006, 10:20 AM
If you really think about it, with reapers current feature set and workflow, i think it would be pretty hard to do an .acd import.

I think this time i won't agree with you Jason.
I don't think of a multiple export/import, of course, as REaper already has more features than Acid, but it uses a similar way of doing for tracks, and efx chaining.
I mean : just setting up the tempo, "knowing" which samples go to which tracks (and how they are sequenced) and which efx are applied, and it should be enough !
If you have to do that manually, it would take hours !