PDA

View Full Version : Edit by sample in the timeline (DONE)

Billoon
09-03-2006, 09:37 AM
I'd like to be able to zoom in and cut a wav at the sample and then drop in another wav but have it snap to the sample not the bar.

Dstruct
09-04-2006, 11:37 AM
you want the timeline showing sample values? if so, then i'm with you! essential feature imo ...

LOSER
09-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Sample editing would mean destructive editing ... ever though about that?

maa
09-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Sample editing would mean destructive editing ... ever though about that?Not in Samplitude - zoom in - edit or whatever on a sample basis. Its still virtual, just more accurate.

Cheers

M

Billoon
09-05-2006, 01:45 AM
Sample editing would mean destructive editing ... ever though about that?

Sorry i meant edit a reigon not a wav.

you want the timeline showing sample values? if so, then i'm with you! essential feature imo ...

Thats the one. I'd like to be able to zoom in all the way to the individual sample so i can see exactly were im cutting.

LOSER
09-05-2006, 04:39 AM
Not in Samplitude - zoom in - edit or whatever on a sample basis. Its still virtual, just more accurate.

Cheers

M

Serious? What if one edits a hole bunch of samples, will the project filesize explode, does it make a copy of .....

Ohhh D'Oh...

I was thinking of true sample manipulation (was about to dig out the old copy of the keys magazin and install samplitude).

Note to myself: never post while doing some other stuff.

geoffroy
09-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Thats the one. I'd like to be able to zoom in all the way to the individual sample so i can see exactly were im cutting.

+1 on that FR

Tallisman
10-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Please let us have a snap to sample tick box in the snap options dialog. such that when we are zoomed in enough to see discrete samples (or if it is the only option ticked) we can snap on a per sample basis! this will be handy for splitting, aligning etc.

thanks

and

many greetings.

.t

Tallisman
07-09-2008, 08:59 AM
bump for summer.
for snap to sample!

.t

WyattRice
08-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Is this really done? Snap to samples from the timeline?
When I move the cursor and click on the timeline, It doesn't work.

Edit: Nevermind, I misread the OP.

Thanks, Wyatt