PDA

View Full Version : automatic record-arm

jens
08-20-2008, 04:36 AM
Can we have 'set all tracks to automatic record-arm when selected' as a general preference/option please?

Pretty please? it's theoretically a nice workflow improvement - but not so much as it is now... :)

moodswinger
08-20-2008, 04:42 AM
Not that I'm a tester or testing, but isn't this what you want??

From 2.45pre1 changelog:
+ Tracks can be set to automatically record-arm when selected, per-track or globally

Dstruct
08-20-2008, 04:52 AM
Pretty please? it's theoretically a nice workflow improvement - but not so much as it is now... :)

does "save as default project settings" do the trick (project preferences)?

jens
08-20-2008, 05:02 AM
does "save as default project settings" do the trick (project preferences)?

Nope, that only refers to/affects those settings which are made from within this window.

I think the option should be available via the 'track defaults' in the preferences dialog - that's what I mean, that's what I want, that's what this thread is about. :)

jens
08-20-2008, 05:04 AM
Not that I'm a tester or testing, but isn't this what you want??

From 2.45pre1 changelog:

Nope, that's not what I want - what I want is a modification/refinement of this new feature. ;)

moodswinger
08-20-2008, 05:10 AM
Gotcha, it was just worded closely enough, I thought maybe something happened that changed the behavior or stopped working since pre1. Sorry.

Dstruct
08-20-2008, 05:21 AM
that only refers to/affects those settings which are made from within this window.

not at all. at least some other settings get saved with this button too. that's why i thought it's worth a try. of course if it would work, then it would only apply to new empty projects.