PDA

View Full Version : dynasplit based on onsets

aldi
09-12-2008, 09:56 AM
i really love the new features but i think it would improve the dynasplit if an enhanced onsetdetection is used instead of pure transient detection.

some years ago i have writte some code that is really good in finding onsets even on different volumelevels (had taken many days to test and find the best values). i attached the code and a precompiled exe. you can see how it detects onsets of the test.wav file. (you can test your own wav's as long as they are mono 44.1kHz). pushing "space" plays/pauses the sound. leftmouse pushed and move left/right scrolls, rightmouse pushed up/down zooms.

as i really don't have enough time anymore to look into it again everybody can feel free to discover the secrets of my code as i have forgotten them and was to lazy to document it but it's not to difficult i think ;)

main part is happening in void makeOnsetcurve(const char *filename)

http://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/215176/onsetdetection.zip

schwa
09-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Hello, OpenGL, I haven't seen you for a while :)

Thanks for posting that Aldi, your code is looking for onsets at each frequency which is in quite useful for picking out changes in musical content even if the overall volume level stays the same. At some point we may extend dynamic split to do something like this, though the calculation will be quite a bit more expensive than the current process.

Xenakios
09-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Hey, thanks Aldi! :) I am interested in looking at this for the ReaBase plugin (to make it easier to select relevant parts of sounds in the trimmer) as well as other purposes...

Iokanaan
09-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Hello, OpenGL, I haven't seen you for a while :)

If this is an old buddy of yours that seems to have missed you then it would be of some high interest for you to read my mail :).

aldi
09-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Hey, thanks Aldi! :) I am interested in looking at this for the ReaBase plugin (to make it easier to select relevant parts of sounds in the trimmer) as well as other purposes...

that would be fantastic ! i would love to see that. i thought of an alternative peakfile view that shows onsets or shows the wavecontent like real notes, but unfortunately there's now way till now to build them with a reaper plugin. but whatever you like to do with it, i'll be happy :)

and thx schwa for your quick n nice response. sure, it's much more cpu hungry, but it have to be done just once ;) as i said, use it if you like to whenever you want.