PDA

View Full Version : keyboard / grid

typewriter
11-18-2008, 01:56 AM
This is a minor one yet a little bit confusing for the step input guys like me.

As you can see in the attached image the horizontal grid lines in the midi editor do not match to the key boarders of the new keyboard (check out red lines).

There is some kind of shift which is also not the same on every key.

zappsunzorn
11-18-2008, 02:36 AM
I think this might fall into the not finished (still under development) category. I didn't mention the disappearance of the just added Bank/Program part for the same reason.

PS Good to know there are other step inputers.

Alex Stone
11-18-2008, 02:39 AM
Yes, it's still Alpha....and a good opportunity for us step inputters to test this thoroughly, in the early stages.

Not sure what you mean Zapp, with the disappearing bank/program part.
It's in the CC lane menu.

Alex.

gofer
11-18-2008, 03:15 AM
Is it only here that the horizontal position cursor (the one indicating the note which will be inserted with F1) is not showing? I didn't miss it until I tried step input.

The misalignment is coursed by the attempt to size the white piano keys consistently. I think it can be improved by working with the spacing of the black keys. My idea would be to leave G# where it is, move A# and D# one pixel up and F# and C# one pixel down.

Hopefully it gets some refinement. Also, the C keys look a tad smaller than the other white keys now.

schwa
11-18-2008, 05:58 AM
That image is too small to see much detail, but what is supposed to happen is that the division between B/C and between E/F should always be lined up. Is that not happening?

The bank/program select lane (and the new text event lane) are both accessed from the CC lane dropdown menu now.

typewriter
11-18-2008, 07:18 AM
That image is too small to see much detail, but what is supposed to happen is that the division between B/C and between E/F should always be lined up. Is that not happening?

It is. But the other keys do not fit to the grid lines. Look for example at A/B. This issue might be minor but it is sometimes confusing.

xackley
11-18-2008, 08:09 AM
In the old ME the B C E F are narrower that the other white keys, allowing the black keys to align.