PDA

View Full Version : I'm Annoying (or, More Suggestions)

shane
01-25-2006, 11:08 PM
1) A "New Folder" button in the browse window when you're setting the path to save files in the project audio settings.

2) A way to nudge the volume of the selected track. Shift+this could also be pan, but that's much less important.

3) This one gets kinda philosophical. I'd like a way to apply all the settings from one file to other files with the same track setup. Does this make sense? For example, say you record 10 songs of the same band, each song in a different file. You set the tracks up the same way (probably just saving after each song, deleting the tracks, and saving as under a different name). Once you're done recording, you start working on the first song and get a rough mix. Once you have that rough mix, it would be great to be able to import those settings into all the other songs instead of having to try and replicate that mix on each song. Then it's just a matter of tweaking each song...

Make sense? I also like that bit about 1,3,4,6,2 and 8 on the number pad being used to nudge and move tracks...

Edit: more...

4) With a track selected, V enables post-fx volume envelope, P enables post-fx pan envelope...

5) Holding Cntl or Alt or Shift while clicking an dragging on an envelope will adjust the level for the two surrounding points rather than adding a point. This way, you can adjust the level of the shelf, plateau, whatever they're called. The little section where you played too quietly.

6) An "apply fader to automation" function. Basically this would add the fader value to the envelope value. Useful if you have a mix on the independent faders but you want to move to an automated mix. Once you ran the function, your faders would be linked to the envelope (play faders with envelopes). For tracks where the envelope was at 0, the fader would be in the same position...make sense?

7) Ctrl-A selects all track headers in addition to all tracks.

8) Multiple selected faders move together in automation mode.

9) Double clicking in on the number (upper left corner) of a track header steps through sizes (minimized, fader view, full input view, minizied, etc).

10) Default auxillary send mode (Pre-Fx, Post-Fx, or Post-Fader) set in preferences.

11) Holding shift and clicking on the timeline selects or redefines loop region.

Also, one thing that's already in place that I highly appreciate is that the busses and master volumes are all post-fx. PLEASE keep it that way. If you need a volume adjustment to your fx chain, you can put a plugin at the beginning of it. Moving the fader on a submix bus should directly affect how much level is going to your master, not how hard you're hitting the submix compressor...

shane
01-25-2006, 11:38 PM
2 bugs...

#1 - Volume adjustment by master fader is actually double the value (e.g., +1.5db on the fader will cause each channel to increase by 3.0db). [Nevermind about the original +3db calibration thing...I'm dumb].

#2 - Jesusonic effect parameters that are typed into the text fields don't take effect until playback is stopped and started (even if you tab out of the field). I tested this with other JS effects too (volume and pitch down). The slider controls will move, but the parameter isn't adjusted unless you click on the slider.