PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Jam

Shmil01
10-14-2006, 05:31 AM
Hi ;-))

Looking for Jazz players to Jam here.

I'm a professional, playing mostly the wind's n others...

Thnx

Shmul

zschendi
11-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Hi,
if you like we could try something, i'm pro too > git & others. But playin jazz (changes) over ninjam is not that easy (or even not possible) as already discussed here.
See ya...

NIGHTCHILD
11-14-2006, 07:29 AM
obviously you're noobs many jazz sessions on ninjam turn out almost flawlessly.along with other styles.the difficult part is playing trax with many cords changes.ninjam works best when you play riffs as if they were loops since the 1 bar latency will trow you offotherwise.and following the metronome is critical to have the samples layer properly

guyfox
11-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Hello , playing jazz to with rhodes or piano ....

this is my msn ... amguy@hotmail.com join my list by sending me an email, and we will meet on ninjam ...

See you soon ...

Guyfox

Elias
11-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Nightchild what they ment is that ALOT of jazz are not vamps. They are key changing progessions. Therefore they are NOT able to be done with ninjam because its not real time and that intervals are long enough to put a whole progression in. Therefor playing standards (one of the most common ways of playing jazz) is not an option. noobs, right, you sound like one saying that stuff. no offense ment.
-Elias

guyfox
11-30-2006, 05:34 AM
yes it's possible ...

the only thing, is to set up ninjam to the right number of bpi ...

In ninjam, you'r listening to other musician only when the soft finished the number of bpi ...

If your loop is 32 bpi long, you'll listening to other musician, only after 32 bpi , and it's the same with 4 bpi ..

So if you set a loop inside this bpi number, you'll be able to play together ....

we can try .... see you