PDA

View Full Version : DFHS and Reaper no worky?

zed32
12-02-2006, 03:37 AM
hey guys, i'm new to reaper and so far am really liking it. however, i'm not able to use Drumkit From Hell Superior with reaper. is this a compatibility problem or operator error on my part? i dunno if this has been asked before, but i tried to search on the subject and couldn't come up with anything.

basically i'm just wondering if theres anything i can do/try to make DFHS work with Reaper. when i try to start it up as a VSTi, i get a message that says WAIT! Not Initialized Yet.

i really hope there's a way to make it work, because i use DFHS a whole heck of a lot, and really can't do much without it...i don't want to have to go back to Cubase just because of this!

other than that, Reaper is awesome.

zed32
12-02-2006, 04:24 AM
OK so i messed around with some settings for a while and now it sorta works. however it seems like just the kick and snare are loading...

i can only hear the kick out of the left side and the snare out of the right side. i'm going to continue to mess around and see if thers some other settings i need to tweak to get it to work properly.

any suggestions??

i should probably go to bed...

zed32
12-02-2006, 04:37 AM
OK nevermind i think i got it, i just had to select Channel 1 and 2 for all of the Outs on the VSTi window. now i can hear everything out of both sides. i probably should have done all of this BEFORE asking this dumb question....

Alistair S
12-02-2006, 06:13 AM
Looks like you got there :)

However, for future use, you could also expand the number of channels available in Reaper. When you click on the routing button in the track there is a drop down menu at the top that lets you set up the number of channels in that track.

That way, if you want each element of your drums on a different pair of channels, you can do so. Simply set up the outs in your VST relating to each element of your drums to separate channels in Reaper (instead of just 2, you now have however many you need).

This could be useful if you wanted (for example) to route snare, toms, kick, etc. to different tracks for mixing purposes.

There is a nice example in this thread.. http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2611 which may not be exactly what you do with DFHS, but presents the ideas well.

cylens
12-21-2006, 05:44 PM
may i ask what were the settings you messed around with in the first place?

seems like i cannot get rid of the "wait, not yet initialized" message...

thanks in advance.

otherwise, Reaper is really amazing, i'm teaching Computer Music at the University in Paris, France and using Reaper for everything multi-track :)

Ready Acoustics
07-07-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm trying to initialize DFHS in Reaper. But, i cannot figure it out. I am CERTAIN it is right in front of me, but.....sheesh.

Can anyone walk me through setting up a DFHS kit in Reaper?
I would appreciate it immensely,

~ J

MGB
07-09-2007, 12:08 AM
may i ask what were the settings you messed around with in the first place?

seems like i cannot get rid of the "wait, not yet initialized" message...

thanks in advance.

otherwise, Reaper is really amazing, i'm teaching Computer Music at the University in Paris, France and using Reaper for everything multi-track :)

Open the FX window of the track on wich DFHS is inserted, then the samples will start loading.
Also when closing the project, close it with the FX window selected ( open ), so when you restart it, it'll start loading immediately.

MGB