PDA

View Full Version : Version .81

fluffy
02-24-2006, 09:39 AM
The buffer underruns are gone when looping! :)

It's been a little quiet lately, are peoples problems beginning to disappear? It seems really solid now, to me. :)

BurningSG
02-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Yes it does......

Though I'm hoping for more MIDI stuff ..... : )

SG

fluffy
02-24-2006, 02:01 PM
All in good time, young Jedi. :)

Remember, we've got at least 19 point releases till 1.0!

pipelineaudio
02-24-2006, 03:08 PM
It's been a little quiet lately

I know in my case, thats the sound of me actually working in it withless time spent looking for fixes...Hopefully that forum quiet really IS the sound of everyone working :)

fluffy
02-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Right, Pipe. I just pulled it out, for the first time, in front of a paying customer. I am very pleased to report that it went flawlessly, without a hitch!

eidenk
02-24-2006, 03:32 PM
The buffer underruns are gone when looping! :)
:)

If buffer underruns means hanging at the end of a loop, it is better but not entirely gone here.

Many Synthedit-made synths still hang. Some just a little bit but some other very much. The worst of those I have tested so far is Intro http://www.sitesled.com/members/bksl/INTRO.rar

It also starts playback only aproximately two second after hitting play. Same delay as the hanging.

It is a heavy on CPU synth but it does not seem CPU load is the issue : If I replace Intro by several other synths (PolyIblit + Synth1 + JXSynth + Claw) to play the same segment, it does not hang at all.

Also it works best with Asio4All v2. With Nvidia Asio or DirectX Asio it is a catastrophe. It does not work well at all with DirectSound either (hangs + stutters). I haven't been able to try WaveOut as I get an error message when I try to use it.

I have also loaded the same Midi file in Ableton Live Lite and looped aproximately the same segment of it with Intro. It is gapless no matter the audio configuration.

synth
02-24-2006, 05:50 PM
When muting/unmuting a MIDI track it flashes red once or twice.Is this normal?

If it's quiet on the forums it means we're testing REAPER even more thoroughly :)
The more "complete" it becomes,the more testing is needed for bug hunting.

sinkmusic
02-25-2006, 05:58 AM
If buffer underruns means hanging at the end of a loop, it is better but not entirely gone here.
right. Better but not enterley gone...

All in good time, young Jedi.

Remember, we've got at least 19 point releases till 1.0!
... I know i'm repeating myself a bit, but... among the 19 points, will there have Timestretching option ???? ;)

sinkmusic
02-25-2006, 02:21 PM
I know i'm always telling the same thing, but i have just been finding this :
http://www.surina.net/soundtouch/
It is an open source timestretch algorythm (used in Xtal mp3 mixer).
I also think the timestretching algorythm used in Fruity Loops and ABleton Live is free, but i can't remember which one is it, nor where to find it... !
I hope it helps...
cheers

synth
02-25-2006, 02:34 PM
The FLStudio "Looptalk" forum and Google are your best friends,Wikipedia too :)
You can also ask in the KVR Audio forums.

synth
02-26-2006, 02:41 PM
It's been very quiet in the forums these days.Not much has happened for a whole 2 days (lol)
Either Justin is cooking up something really big for the next release,or he's just taking a well-deserved break after a storm of daily releases.

fluffy
02-26-2006, 04:42 PM
or he's just taking a well-deserved break after a storm of daily releases.

I should hope so! :)

Justin
02-26-2006, 09:15 PM
I should hope so! :)

Unfortunately it's some combination.. been dealing with other shit (moving, and recording a 7 hour cacophonous session).. but now I posted .82 which fixes some stuff for pipelineaudio, that should affect everybody positively as well..

-Justin

sinkmusic
03-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Hi
I tried v0,83.
It is buggy with Odo DrFUsion2 :
- i record a midi file using Odo DrFUsion2
- I set the file to be layed in loop mode
- when the cursor is at the end of the loop, it doens't come back to the beginning, playing a very short sample of audio.
- then the program crashes and i get an error message.