PDA

View Full Version : Reaper in German

hardplay
11-27-2009, 03:42 AM
Hi, I'm not German but i'm writing here because the other day i created a thread in the "REAPER Feature Requests" section, i made a request for a plugin/language pack that we NON english users could install.

I was thinking of the way WINAMP used these language packs, very small and simple with at least the translations for the File,Edit,View,Track,Options,Insert and Actions.

Every language group could do the necessary translations and hand it over to the Devs.

If you like the idea please help get the Request living even with a simple +1, here is the thread:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=47166

BTW i am doing the same thing in all the Non-English Speaking User Forums .

ciao

Ollie
11-27-2009, 03:48 AM
Since the custom menu editor was introduced a few versions ago, spanish, french and german etc. menu sets have been created and are available for download. Some context menus and the preferences are not yet translatable but that may come as well.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=44724

Mr. Data
12-20-2009, 08:29 AM
I admire the immense work you've done on the German menus, Steindork, but for me it is somewhat useless, to have them installed until you can switch all other text that's displayed somewhere in Reaper to German as well (which will surely take a while, I reckon). A good compromise would be to have some Italian, Portuguese, French and Spanish menu items spread around here and there... ;)

Tuh lehsi tu transleht siß!

-Data

Ollie
12-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Yeah I'd like to translate more stuff too but whaddayagonnado. :) It's primarily a pretty complete menu editor that allows more experienced users to rebuild the menus and since it's covering all primary menus, using it for a partial translation is hopefully a help for the less experienced user. A few context menus are missing but the other menus are what you're dealing with most of the day and anything beyond that would be beyond the scope of a menu editor. Translating the inner structures of Reaper is a different animal. Of course I'd be happy to see Reaper entirely translated into many languages as well and wurld dawminashun and all but until that happens, there's still this forum to help out when the R of the FM doesn't work so well due to the language barrier.

Mr. Data
12-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Very well said, Sir!

I myself started to translate the menus, but you were faster and it was more profound, so I gave up on that. However, I'm still chewing on that "Ripple Edit"-thing 'though, but I won't go and take myself to embarrassment (again) here. ;)

-Data

Ollie
12-20-2009, 05:50 PM
That was a noodlescratcher...until I wanted to play with an idea and came to find out that "Ripple editing" can't be changed anyway. Phew! :)

Mr. Data
12-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Funny: Just this minute I found out the same.
Even more funny: writing English in the German forum. But at least Hardplay can follow, if he's peeping in. :)

-Data