PDA

View Full Version : getBypass()?

olilarkin
12-15-2010, 04:43 AM
I need to detect if the plugin is bypassed or not. There seems to be code in iPlugAU.cpp for this, but not in the vst version. has anyone implemented it already?

thanks,

oli

schwa
12-15-2010, 05:18 AM
I don't know if it's possible for a VST to know it has been bypassed. There is a specific call in AU for this.

olilarkin
12-15-2010, 05:29 AM
there is a setBypass flag in VST cando() and also effStopProcess/effStartProcess.

checking using the tracer build:

Cubase seems to call it and effStopProcess/effStartProcess, Live doesn't do setBypass but does do effStopProcess/effStartProcess. Reaper doesn't do either.

cerberus
12-15-2010, 05:45 PM
in vst, one can certainly know if the dsp loop is being called or not;
and an OnIdle method will be able to execute when the dsp loop is not called.
that would be the case when a plug-in is bypassed, but also the case when a track is
muted, or in reaper when "run fx when stopped" is off and reaper's transport is stopped...

I don't know if it's possible for a VST to know it has been bypassed. There is a specific call in AU for this.

i have had to back-burner audio unit development because i lack a method to tell the u.i.
the u.i. whether the plug-in is "active" or not. could you please specify how to make an
audio unit update itself when the sample clock is not running? ("OnIdle" is not called at
all by the audio unit).

cerberus
04-17-2011, 07:46 AM
bump... does anyone know the equivalent in audio units for OnIdle()?