PDA

View Full Version : Alchemy Player now free!

V'ger
04-28-2011, 02:05 AM
Download: https://www.camelaudio.com/getfreealchemyplayer.php

Info: http://www.camelaudio.com/AlchemyPlayer.php

http://www.camelaudio.com/images/AlchemyPlayer-Screen1.jpg

"Alchemy Player is a free software instrument with an inspiring 1GB sample library and 200 instrument sounds including evolving soundscapes, lush pads, and pulsing arpeggios. 150 sounds are included with 50 more when you sign up for a free account.

Alchemy Player may be the only sample player you ever need, since it can now load any SFZ sample library. Built with the Alchemy engine under the hood, it provides ready to play sounds that can be easily tweaked via the intuitive interface."

markheath
04-28-2011, 03:17 AM
wow, looks awesome. will definitely give this one a try. love that it supports sfz too

Boray
04-28-2011, 04:46 AM
Awesome! Thanks!

markheath
04-28-2011, 05:08 AM
Have downloaded and had a play. Some really nice sounds included and sfz works great. Could easily see this becoming my goto sample player.

urednik
04-28-2011, 06:32 AM
Could somebody please explain what steps do you need to do in order to get this work inside reaper? (and no, I have never used any samples but reverb impulses until now).

Thanks!

copacetic
04-28-2011, 06:36 AM
Downloaded it, pretty damn awesome.

DarkStar
04-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Could somebody please explain what steps do you need to do in order to get this work inside reaper? (and no, I have never used any samples but reverb impulses until now).

Thanks!

After you have installed Alchemy Player and its Library:
-- open Reaper and it will detect the Player (as long as the path is in Reaper's VST list)
-- right-click below any existing track headers
-- select "insert virtual instrument on new track",
-- select Alchemy Player
-- there's a 3-level browser at the top of the GUI (Library, Type and Patch)
-- select a patch to load it
-- play your MIDI keyboard (or the Virtual MIDI keyboard).
-- double-click on one of the other Remix pads (to select it)
-- play your MIDI keyboard (or the Virtual MIDI keyboard).

That should get you started

urednik
04-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Oh great Darkstar,
thanks for that. Although I get the Alchemy plugin window opened, however can not seem to get any of the 3 level browser options.
You mean the GUI inside of the plugin window? Just above the Alchemy player logotype there is only a dropdown where I can select vst patches but that is it.
Can not get any keyboard displayed ... Hmmm must be something missing???

And how are this sounds comparing to Cerendirs SONATINA?
are these two compatible?

Sorry for these noob questions :(

DarkStar
04-28-2011, 11:17 AM
No problem.

The Browser is where is says "Factory", "Pads", "Sea of Possibilities" in the screenshot. Can you see the grey drop-down arrows? Did you install the Alchemy Sounds Library - what folder is it in?

By "Virtual keyboard" I meant Reaper's Virtual MIDI keyboard (shortcut Alt+B, I think).

urednik
04-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Ahhh, Alt B loads my keyboard, thanks. That was my problem.

I see - so my question about Sonatina was a bit stupid I guess - these samples are totally different instruments (usually electronic).

So I can copy any samples I wish into this folder and I can use them the same way, right?
But is this player also ok, so as sfz or similar?

DarkStar
04-28-2011, 02:09 PM
it's good that you are on your way.

Alchemy Player will load its own soundsets and .sfz files. With the full Alchemy you can do a lot more, including loading / processing your own .wav or .aiff samples.

Here are some useful links:

Alchemy libraries: http://www.camelaudio.com/Sound-Sample-Libraries.php

Alchemy User Manual: http://www.camelaudio.com/alchemymanual/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/alchemy-manual.pdf

calico6
04-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Thnx for the heads up, this is a fine little sfz player. Right price too!

plgrmsprgrs
05-06-2011, 10:18 AM
I installed this and Reaper scanned it on startup. But it doesn't show up in the VST menu. Anyone else run across this problem?

Kyle

ugh
05-06-2011, 10:47 AM
I installed this and Reaper scanned it on startup. But it doesn't show up in the VST menu. Anyone else run across this problem?

Kyle

which OS are you using ?
Alchemy Player works fine here on my old WIn XP system, haven't installed it yet on my new Win7 system, though.

The plugin is simply called Alchemy in the add fx context, btw. and is not categorized as VSTi but only as VST.

copacetic
05-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Works perfectly here on Win 7, amazing program, can't wait until I have the cash for the full version. :D

plgrmsprgrs
05-06-2011, 11:51 AM
which OS are you using ?
Alchemy Player works fine here on my old WIn XP system, haven't installed it yet on my new Win7 system, though.

The plugin is simply called Alchemy in the add fx context, btw.

I'm still on XP2.

Kyle

ugh
05-13-2011, 06:10 AM
A really great thing about Alchemy Player, is that Computermusic Magazine now delivers their monthly samples in sfz format, so that Alchemy Player can read them.

I am just copying over the Samples from the DVD of the June issue, which is ~3 GB of multisampled Keys and Organs.

I forsee a huge sample library growing on my harddisk over the next months.

Most likely the quality will vary, though.

P.S.:
sorry plgrmsprgrs, I have no idea what went wrong on your system. Maybe contact the developers for support, would be my advice.

DarkStar
05-13-2011, 06:32 AM

Kyle

Works fine on XP SP2 here.

Does it appear in your reaper-vstplugins.ini file? You should be able to get to the folder containing the file(s) from [Options] > select "Show Reaper resource path in Explorer / Finder".

If the line has fewer details than other lines, then Reaper detected a problem when scanning the plugin. It may be that Alchemy Player cannot find its Sounds Library. Where did you install that - what is the exact path name to, say, the Samples folder?

plgrmsprgrs
05-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Got it! Thanks guys. It was a file location thing. Now, how do I direct Alchemy to another drive if I want to move the samples to my sample drive?

Kyle

ugh
05-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Got it! Thanks guys. It was a file location thing. Now, how do I direct Alchemy to another drive if I want to move the samples to my sample drive?

Kyle

I just looked and I didn't find anything to do that in the plugin at a quick look.
I would just install the whole thing again and choose the correct path during installation.

DarkStar
05-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Have a look at this:

http://www.camelaudio.com/faqs/Alchemy/Can_I_move_the_presets_and_samples_to_a_different_ location_after_installing_Alchemy

plgrmsprgrs
05-13-2011, 06:01 PM
I just looked and I didn't find anything to do that in the plugin at a quick look.
I would just install the whole thing again and choose the correct path during installation.

Have a look at this:

http://www.camelaudio.com/faqs/Alchemy/Can_I_move_the_presets_and_samples_to_a_different_ location_after_installing_Alchemy

I followed the instructions and messed stuff up again. So, I just moved them back to the default locations, and all is well. For what I use it for, it'll be fine. Thanks again!

Kyle