PDA

View Full Version : lane / record in loop issue

hannebambel
04-14-2007, 04:59 AM
First of all: Justin ... thanks for this great piece of software.

I searched this forum and it might be that it is a hardware issue on my side but when i record a track in a 'cycled' selection i always get a pretty darn digital crackle everytime it restarts from the left location after it reached the end of the selection. There are some timing issues at that part audible too. If i concentrate real hard and keep on playing like everything went normal the result is perfect. So it doesnt seem to affect the recording but to hear that noise everytime the loop restarts scares my pants off and the timing issue makes it hard to get a useable take.

I'm running reaper on an asus A7n8xx, AMD athlon xp2700+, 1 GB ram, m-audio delta audiophile 2496 and hoontech DSP2000, audio only partition and project files on seperate HD with 8MB cache.

Any ideas anyone ?

When i'm pressing strg+r to record a track and have metronome on and set to count me in for 2 bars it does that in every take. Wouldn't it be smart to hear the other tracks while 'prerolling' and not counting me in on the second take ?

Billoon
04-14-2007, 05:27 AM
Hi hannebambel,

Welcome to the forum. :)

1) Could be this.... http://www.cockos.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25725&postcount=7 ...cause it rounds up, youre hearing a little bit of audio thats not in the loop, maybe.

2) Should only happen if youve got "At each loop" selected in Prefs>recording...try set it to "When recording is stopped".

If you need that setting on...then yeah, i agree, would be better to only get the precount once....been mentioned by a couple of people before.

hannebambel
04-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Great, thx a Billioon, the "prefs>recording>when recording is stopped" thing worked perfectly. My PC was too slow doing it after each loop i guess.

Would it make sense to further mess with the "start new files every .." setting a little. What would you guys recommend as MB values or even turning it off - all relating to my 'not state of the art only one purpose audio PC' ;]

If the fact that playback should play in preroll aswell was mentioned earlier i'll just shut up regarding this and wait for it to be hopefully fixed in future releases.