Go Back   Cockos Confederated Forums > Projects > REAPER > Closed Issue

Option to ignore "BeginEdit/EndEdit" for automation Issue Tools
issueid=1036 08-22-2009 10:10 AM
Human being with feelings
Option to ignore "BeginEdit/EndEdit" for automation
Would be best as a per plugin tickbox

See here for discussion:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=41323

Kore has a weird approach to automation and consequently most hosts (apart from Acid) cannot record the button presses which is a pain as they are used to switch patch variations and really useful in a Live setting. NI acknowledge the problem but will not fix it as they say it will break AU compatibility but I need to be able to record button switches and so do a lot of people see this thread:

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=59964

it strikes me the best approach would be a temporary toggle on a per plugin basis so as not to affect everything else.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project REAPER
Category MIDI recording and playback
Status Sorry, No
Priority 2
Affected Version 3.102
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 9
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-04-2009 10:10 AM

Does the new per plugin option fix this?
02-09-2010 06:08 AM
Administrator

This issue isn't well described enough unfortunately. Reaper definitely supports automation from VSTs that don't send audioMasterBeginEdit/audioMasterEndEdit (there are plenty of such VSTs).

If there's any way to get a more complete description of what the Kore automation bug is that would be interesting, but honestly it's hard to justify changing Reaper behavior to accommodate a plugin that is acknowledged by the developers to be buggy/incorrect.
06-03-2011 04:30 AM

Hi it's not a bug - NI say Kore was not designed to send automatable information from the buttons but for some reason that doesn't seem true as Acid is picking something up and using it. If Acid can do it why not any other host in principle. I can't use Acid - that IS buggy and unstable - I would like to be able to do this in reaper ideally
06-03-2011 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa
This issue isn't well described enough unfortunately. Reaper definitely supports automation from VSTs that don't send audioMasterBeginEdit/audioMasterEndEdit (there are plenty of such VSTs).
I just realised we are talking slightly about different things - I'm sure like any host (I presume) Reaper supports plugins that do or don't send don't send audioMasterBeginEdit/audioMasterEndEdit messages - what I was asking was is there a way to ignore such messages from a plugin? I think that might be what Acid is doing in this case (maybe not on purpose even)
05-02-2012 02:44 PM

Schwa, please reopen this case.

aMUSEd is not alone with this issue, just look at the NI forum.

I'm trying to find a workaround or a solution since months.

It looks like Reaper and most other DAWs doesn't accept big jumps (in one step) of values of automation data when "recording" (in all of the write modes). The correct value jumps can be watched on TCP envelope tracks though. They show exactly what I'm pressing on the Kore 2 controller (in Sound Variation Morph Mode), but it won't be written in the envelope lane itself.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue