Go Back   Cockos Confederated Forums > Projects > REAPER > Open Bug

Distorted audio during autoplay on Media Explorer Issue Tools
issueid=2758 07-21-2010 06:28 AM
Human being with feelings
Distorted audio during autoplay on Media Explorer
I am getting really distorted audio when selecting loop to add to my project when I select them to autoplay in the Media Explorer view.

I am getting really distorted audio when selecting loop to add to my project when I select them to autoplay in the Media Explorer view. I'm using a MOTU 2408MKii (PCI-324) card with latest driver, 24-bit audio on project (16-bit setting on Audio tab but overriding with 24-bit on the project), 16-bit Drums on Demand drum loops. I noticed this happening with project tempo different and matching the original loop tempo.

I used this feature quite a bit with my old DAW with no issue, would love to see it work in Reaper.

Thanks a bunch!
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project REAPER
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Awaiting Feedback
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 3.65
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 5
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-21-2010 06:40 AM

What's your latency setting?
07-21-2010 07:53 AM

My latency is set for 5ms. I changed the settings to 11ms, 46ms, etc and it seemed to be better. I wonder if it's possibly a compatibility issue with my MOTU driver. The soundcard is 24-bit but in the audio options, it errors out if I go past 16-bit. I have to keep it at 16-bit here and specify 24-bit recording and override audio settings (although I can't remember where I did that) so I can record in 24-bit.
07-21-2010 09:00 AM

I can confirm this behavior at low latencies here with an M-Audio Projectmix I/O but my guess is this is buffer size dependent so it doesn't have anything to do with drivers/cards specifically. Here, at 512 spls, the distortion/crackles disappear completely when previewing media files.
This petition for a change to Confirmed was rejected
07-24-2010 04:08 AM

Known problem. Justin wrote that soon we will get proper buffering in the Media Explorer.

Related bugs:
http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=1923
http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=1381

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue