Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Plugin Linking (across tracks) Issue Tools
issueid=2783 07-25-2010 11:24 PM
Human being with feelings
Plugin Linking (across tracks)
The ability to link the settings of two or more instances of the same plugin so that a change on one instance is propagated to the others automatically

Provide an option to link the settings of several instances of the same plugin together, for cases where you wish to process more than one audio source identically but separately.

Example: Say I have several layers of guitar which I recorded dry and am re-amping with an amp sim. I want the amp sims for every layer of guitar to use exactly the same settings. Right now, in order to change one parameter, I would have to go into the sim on every single track and change that parameter everywhere, making it tedious to hear how a change will affect the overall sound of all of the layers of guitar.

This does not have to be as deep as parameter modulation, it just has to copy the settings from one instance of the plugin to all other plugins which have been linked together.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Plugins
Status Suggested
Priority 7
Suggested Version 3.651
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 123
Users who would not use this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-26-2010 10:51 PM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

07-07-2012 06:38 AM
Human being with feelings

In the mean time one possible solution is that this can already be accomplished via OSC as long as the parameter is one that can be learned/automated. Just send something like..., "/link1"(or whatever you want to name it) then either learn it to each instance or learn it to one instance of the FX and then copy and paste the FX.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue