Go Back   Cockos Confederated Forums > Projects > REAPER > Closed Issue

4.14 Won't load an AVI file Issue Tools
issueid=3827 12-20-2011 02:05 PM
Mortal
4.14 Won't load an AVI file
Problem loading AVI file.

I have been working on a small AVI file, adding music. I open 4.14 and insert media Item(the AVI file) it opens the video window but when trying to PLAY, no video displayed. If I try and remove item, CRASH. I reloaded 4.13 no problem. I am running windows 7 64 bit with Reaper 64 bit. Hope this isn,t a huge can of worms. If I exit the program and try to load Reaper again, I get error message "cannot load asio drivers" until I reboot.When I attemp to close project, the program Hangs while displaying "removing Tracks" inside the reaper Logo...
I found two more files (1 AVI and one WMV that are misbehaving on 4.14. Ihave duplicated the problem many times but if I use 4.13, no problem. I can provide the AVI and WMV files if this will help.
This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project REAPER
Category Stability
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 4.14
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-20-2011 03:37 PM
Mortal

What codecs is the video using for the video and audio(if there is some) ?

Also, are you using the full FFMPEG libraries or not ?

I need all that information to reproduce the bug.
04-13-2012 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry for the trouble! Please post bugs/help requests in the appropriate forums first, not here in the issue tracker (a database for confirmed REAPER bugs). If you still have this issue, can you repost this in the forums for further investigation, please? Thanks!

Also, since you mentioned crashes, please check this thread on crash logs and Event Viewer: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=36653
Closed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue