Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Save As (a better way) Issue Tools
issueid=3850 01-02-2012 03:00 PM
Human being with feelings
Save As (a better way)
Improve the Save as dialog for less errors and better functionality.

ADDED 02/19/12>> Remember last settings

It appears there are some folks who like the Save as dialog box to remember the last settings so I've added a check box for that to be included with this FR.

This is a two fold FR for a new Save As dialog box.

#1> Add a check box for saving last settings.

#2> Provide the means to browse to a specific folder for copying or moving files.

> As far as #1 goes, copying and moving files is a deliberate intentional act. For myself the only time I want to copy or move files is if I want to move the project to another directory, maybe clean things up, or a combination of both. The way it is now just begs for copying or moving files unintentionaly. So adding a check box to remember last settings would take care of that.

> #2 would just make "Save as" more functional and usable, takeing some of the mystery out of the way it is now. Right now
Reaper copies or moves the media to the project directory along with the project file. This not only requires a lot of extra steps to get setup right but leaves room for error.

A simple change in the dialog box would take care of both these issues and should be very easy for the devs to impliment.

Add Remember last settings check box...

Discussion thread:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=94073
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Suggested
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version 4.15
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 48