Go Back   Cockos Confederated Forums > Projects > REAPER > Closed Issue

No sound when rendering with folders Issue Tools
issueid=3887 01-20-2012 09:35 AM
Human being with feelings
No sound when rendering with folders
No sound when rendering in reaper with folders

I get a mix sounding the way I want, I go to render to mp3, WAV, or whatever, choose mastermix and choose my location. The rendered file is silent. Also when I see the render window, there are no waveforms and there is no meter activity. Also when the rendering is done, the project I am in now no longer outputs sound, I have to exit reaper and go back in to get sound to play. The culprit? If I have a folder in reaper. Say I have three drum tracks and want to compress them all, I'll create a new track above the three drum tracks and hit the folder button. Once I do that, this issue happens. I NEED TO BE ABLE TO USE FOLDERS!!!! And of course I need to be able to render. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project REAPER
Category Stability
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 4.15
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-20-2012 10:42 PM

I'd suggest posting this in the general forum, not the bug tracker (which is for confirmed reaper bugs) so people can help out with what may be causing it. Obviously having a folder in reaper doesn't cause this problem for 99.9999% of people using reaper, otherwise it would have been picked up by now, so it will be something specific to your project.
01-21-2012 07:07 AM

I can do that for sure but I do know at least one other person with the issue and it doesn't just happen on this project, it's happened on a few others. But it may be something cockos should look into.
04-12-2012 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry for the trouble! Please post bugs/help requests in the appropriate forums first, not here in the issue tracker (a database for confirmed REAPER bugs). If you still have this issue, can you repost this in the forums for further investigation, please? Thanks! If we find a reproducible bug, we'll re-open the ticket.

Please include information about the plug-ins used in the project and specifically on the folder tracks, whether or not that happens at all render speeds, your OS etc.

Please also check this thread on bug reports: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=36653
Closed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue