Go Back   Cockos Confederated Forums > Projects > REAPER > Open Bug

Send/Receive I/O window - MIDI connector button Issue Tools
issueid=4017 03-15-2012 06:21 AM
Human being with feelings
Send/Receive I/O window - MIDI connector button
State is not refreshed and excessive All Notes Off

In the Send/Receive I/O window:

(a) when the the Audio send is turned off (by setting "All" to "None"), the "MIDI Connector" button is enabled, so Vol and Pan messages will be generated when the transport starts or the play position is changed by clicking in the timeline

(b) They are even generated when I refocus Reaper after typing in this Reply window !

(c) if the MIDI Routing is changed from, e.g. "All" > "All" to "All" > "4" the the MID Connector stays lit but the function is turned off. if you close and re-open the I/O window you will see that it is now off. So the Vol and Pan messages are not generated.

(d) if the button is activated, then Vol and Pan messages will be sent for the receiving channel (4 in this example)

Also:
(a) when the receiving part of the MIDI routing is set to "All", then 32 All Notes Off will be generated when the transport stops - 16 for the receiving track, followed by 16 from the sending track.
(b) if the receiving part of the MIDI routing is set to, for example, "4l", then 17 All Notes Off will be generated when the transport stops - 1 (on channel 4) for the receiving track, followed by 16 from the sending track.

--------------------
Now, I'm not sure what exactly should be happening here but what is currently happening is not completely right.
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project REAPER
Category Editing behavior
Status Confirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 4.15
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 4
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags IO window, MIDI, sends

04-12-2012 02:46 AM
Human being with feelings

This is related:
---------------

I set "Link track volume/pan to MIDI" for a track to channel 04 and routed that track to another. When I twiddled the track's volume fader:
-- the MIDI Vol CC messages did not appear in a VST (MIDI monitor) on the track itself,
-- they did appear in the same VST on the Receiving track,
-- but MIDI messages for all 16 channels were present, not just those for channel 04.

Here are my test results:

big pic: http://i.imgur.com/S2JYk.png

04-13-2012 05:39 AM
-blšnk-

Confirming this issue.

About the issue described in the second post:
-- Track controls are post FX, even when linked to MIDI messages and the track volume and pan still will apply to audio. As long as this is the case it's clear that they can't appear in plugins on the same track. I'd prefer the "link vol/pan controls" feature to disable the controls for audio and be pre-FX (and maybe even bring on an exclusive MIDI meter).

-- I see MIDI messages for all 16 channels on track volume/pan change when the MIDI send is set to destination: "All" (but "link vol/pan controls" is set to one specific channel). Other MIDI on one specific channel doesn't get copied to all channels running through a send, so this is quite unexpected.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue