Go Back   Cockos Confederated Forums > Projects > REAPER > Closed Issue

Crash upon play cursor reverse drag Issue Tools
issueid=4125 04-30-2012 06:11 AM
Human being with feelings
Crash upon play cursor reverse drag
Dragging vertical playback cursor backwards is causing Reaper to crash.

This is a new problem, and is reproduceable--dragging the the vertical play cursor backwards to specific point causes the audio to cut out and the program immediately crashes. I'm using XP 32-bit. Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz 3gb RAM. Never had this problem before, all I've changed is floating the mixer since I added a second monitor today. Tried reinstalling asio4all, no luck. Realtek HD Audio, which is your standard Acer laptop fare.

I have some work I would really love to get back to, if anyone has any suggestions, I would truly appreciate it.

I disabled some apple services (bonjour service) and background executables (ituneshelper) prior to this starting to happen.
This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project REAPER
Category Stability
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 4.22
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-30-2012 08:46 AM
Human being with feelings

So what I've figured out, is there could be a few different things going on.

-low-end computer/os
-low-end sound card
-multiple instances of cpu-intensive reverb plug-ins

add it up, and the computer just poops out when the playback cursor gets dragged backwards, my solution is to solo the channel when doing this. is there a way to turn off playback when reversing playback cursor?

you can probably go ahead and close this.
04-30-2012 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry for the trouble! Please post bugs/help requests in the appropriate forums first, not here in the issue tracker (a database for confirmed REAPER bugs). If you still have this issue, can you repost this in the forums for further investigation, please? Thanks!

Also, please read this thread on crash logs and Event Viewer to get to the source of the problem: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=36653
Closed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue