Media Explorer <Project Directory> shortcut doesn't work if project folder name contains certain characters AND "Use Windows Explorer for browsing" is enabled
*** Note to mods: could you please rename this issue "Media Explorer shortcuts (including <Project Directory>) won't work if folder name contains certain characters AND "Use Windows Explorer for browsing" is enabled"? I got the scope a little unhelpfully narrow first time around. (And I don't believe I can rename any issues.) Thanks! ***
In the Media Explorer, with "Use Windows Explorer for browsing" enabled, clicking shortcuts (including <Project Directory>) to directories whose names contain certain characters, e.g. "international" ones like "é", won't work. (It simply won't change what directory is loaded in the adjacent panel.)
Most important question up front: is this actually a REAPER issue? I imagine that because it only occurs when "Use Windows Explorer for browsing" is enabled, it might not be.
Steps to reproduce (demonstrating the <Project Directory> shortcut):
- Create a new folder with the character "é" in it ('AltGr + e' should work, or 'Alt + 0233', etc.)
- Create a new REAPER project and save it in that folder.
- Open the Media Explorer, and make sure that "Use Windows Explorer for browsing" is checked (enabled).
- Click the <Project Directory> shortcut.
Expected: it takes us to the appropriate folder ("...é...\media", in my case).
Result: does nothing.
- Using Windows 7 Pro.
- All various Windows region/language settings set to "English (United Kingdom)".
Most relevant and recent discussion thread:
Some related issues in the tracker:
PS, just a side note: should there perhaps be a whole issue tracker category for "internationalisation" stuff?