Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

More problems with PT ,ReWire, and ASIO configuration.. Issue Tools
issueid=2200 03-18-2010 06:48 AM
Human being with feelings
More problems with PT ,ReWire, and ASIO configuration..
I cannot close PT or Reaper

>Opened Reaper in PT
>Closed Reaper and removed as an insert
>For PT: Not an error,just a pop-up: "One or more ReWire applications did not terminate. You need to manually quit those applications before quitting Pro Tools."
>I went to the Task Manager window and there was nothing there. 0 items
>I then minimized PT and opened Reaper from my desktop.
>I looked around in preferences but didn't see anything odd.
>I tried to close Reaper and got "REAPER Error There was an error while opening your audio hardware: Error initializing ASIO driver Would you like to view your audio device configuration?"
Both applications are still running as I type this. The only temporary solution I see now is a forced restart.
Also there was alot of audio ticks and pops while playing.
I dont know if I should post this here or in the pre.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Stability
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 3.35
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-18-2010 08:13 AM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

These things should ideally go into the forums first to figure out if that's a reproducible Reaper bug (or at least fixable from this side) or specific to your setup. I can imagine a misbehaving plugin in Reaper could cause this for example. Please repost this in the forums, we'll reopen this ticket if there's a Reaper bug to squash in it. Thanks!
03-18-2010 10:50 AM

This issue is not a bug. There is a proper sequence that needs to be done when opening and closing ReWired slave apps. REAPER as a slave needs to be shut down first and then Pro Tools. That is the proper sequence that needs to be done with REAPER and other ReWired apps in PT.

Shane
03-19-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan
This issue is not a bug. There is a proper sequence that needs to be done when opening and closing ReWired slave apps. REAPER as a slave needs to be shut down first and then Pro Tools. That is the proper sequence that needs to be done with REAPER and other ReWired apps in PT.

Shane
I know that. That is what I did. First exited Reaper through its File menu.
Then removed it as a plugin on the PT track. Then tried to exit PT and couldn't do it. No crash this time though. I have not tried to reproduce it yet.
03-19-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoid9
I know that. That is what I did. First exited Reaper through its File menu.
Then removed it as a plugin on the PT track. Then tried to exit PT and couldn't do it. No crash this time though. I have not tried to reproduce it yet.
You don't need to remove the plug-in. Try the same sequence without removing the plug-in and see if you get any odd behavior.

Shane

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue