Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

ME: "Project synced" mode with constant timeline position Issue Tools
issueid=5329 09-03-2014 12:44 AM
Human being with feelings
ME: "Project synced" mode with constant timeline position

The current "Project synced" mode has one very weird (and I would say counterintuitive) behaviour. That is - it changes what's displayed in the MIDI editor depending on ME window position! I find that horribly wrong on all possible levels.

The way I think it should work is: if you move the arrange ruler from 0.0 to 10.0 (showing at the left side), the ME ruler should move to the same position precisely, REGARDLESS of where the ME window really is.

Why would this be useful? ME on second monitor, for example. "Project synced" is absolutely useless there - and why wouldn't the user want to be at the exactly same viewport in both arrange and ME at the same time, on different monitors?

So with this in mind, I propose a new timebase mode for MIDI editor that would take care of this (adjust project synced relative to window position). Let's call this "Follow arrange timeline" or something similar - I'm open to ideas here.

Please, devs! Sounds like a simple thing to add, no?

DISCUSS: HERE!
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 2
Suggested Version 4.721
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 20
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)