Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Insert empty space at time selection "for selected tracks only" Issue Tools
issueid=5403 10-26-2014 08:04 AM
Human being with feelings
Insert empty space at time selection "for selected tracks only"
Like the title says.

Hi!

I do a lot of voice over work and usually my clients will come back to me with requests like "Could you please insert a slightly longer pause between the dialogue for X and Y characters? Everything else should remain the same".

So what I do at the moment is to insert empty space, and readjust the voice dialogue timings using the "Insert empty space at time selection" feature.

But if I have, for example, a background noise/music track, then when I insert the empty space, the clips fort these get split as well and I have to patch them up so that the scene doesn't completely fall apart with silence.

My point is, it's OK for me if the intermediate clips (inside the selected tracks) get split, since I have to rework those anyway; however, don't split every single clip that falls within the time selection, just push back those clips in the selected tracks.

I know that I can work my way around by grouping clips inside a track and then dragging them along the track as I please, or I could also right click and try to ballpark select those clips that I'm interested in moving. But this is tedious and time consuming.

Is this feature worth implementing? Thanks!
This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Already Exists
Priority 3
Affected Version 4.73
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 1
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-05-2014 09:57 AM
Human being with feelings

I think you can use ripple editing (one track only mod) for this :)
11-06-2014 01:29 AM
Mortal

X-Raym is right: ripple edit per-track will do the job, I'm closing the issue as "already exists".
If it isn't clear enough for you datSilencer, please let's discuss this in the discussion thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=148019
Closed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue