Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Manual Xfade Bug Issue Tools
issueid=72 06-15-2009 12:55 AM
Human being with feelings
Manual Xfade Bug

Funky manual Xfade behvior:

http://www.screencast.com/t/pOh553mipg

I also noticed a cross fade curve bug as I was recording this bug. I'll look into that one separately.

Shane
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Fixed
Priority 4
Affected Version 3.03
Closed Version 3.04
Yes votes 3
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-15-2009 02:43 AM

Confirmed. Also after doing first a left-side crossfade, the items mix for me after the crossfade, ie there's a fade out followed by the enclosing item continuing.

Shan, what's up with the fades is, it uses the enclosed item's existing fade curve for it's part of the crossfade, and your default curve for the enclosing item's fade out and in.
06-15-2009 03:19 AM

The funny thing is, Reaper draws the correct waveform but omits the item boundary lines on the right hand side. The small item appears to be underneath too.

The crossfades should perhaps stem from the defaults only, if they've been set to zero before, so the user doesn't have to change the crossfade shapes manually so much, as that is quite laborious.
06-15-2009 07:19 AM
Administrator

Confirmed, but should be an easy fix. Thanks for the report.
06-15-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevosss
...Shan, what's up with the fades is, it uses the enclosed item's existing fade curve for it's part of the crossfade, and your default curve for the enclosing item's fade out and in.
Not sure. I'm getting random fade shapes. I'll look into this some more and post it as a separate bug report.

Shane

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue