Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

solo ignore / defeat for headphone mixes Issue Tools
issueid=393 06-29-2009 11:40 AM
Human being with feelings
solo ignore / defeat for headphone mixes
allows solo/mute on main outs without affecting headphone mixes

Basically a right click solo button option allowing you to make channels set up as headphone mixes oblivious to solos (and possibly mutes)allowing you to be soloing /auditioning tracks without affecting the headphone mixer channels with this option active.

most other programs have this now and it's very useful and allows you to say hear the vocalist you are recording in solo in front mode with out affecting their mix.

essential for studio work I think :)
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Implemented
Priority 6
Affected Version 3.05
Closed Version 3.5
Yes votes 82
No votes 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-05-2009 04:08 PM

I would like a dedicated control room track for this.
08-20-2009 02:15 AM

lets simplify the request. i have asked for this forever:
solo button works as it does now, OK GOOD.
however if i right click, alt click, ctl click, whatever isnt used yet, it will:
SEND THE SOLO OUT TO A DIFFERENT HARDWARE OUT (or let you choose what it sends to, IE send to another channel (a monitor channel).

now, to have dual uses, add ANOTHER BUTTON like nuendo's 'l' button.

INDISPENSABLE in recording studio, IE 'they' are tracking, i, the engineer, want to check out if the kik drum mic is really lying on the floor, or the gutiar direct cord is shorting, or a channel is overloading, without disturbing the musicians. AND LIVE, i can NEVER mess with FOH while i want to solo the monitors for feedback. \

my workaround is to use 2 hands, and add in, so i can shift click, on an extra send slider (on/off), routed to a 'solo' track, going out to an extra out.
03-04-2010 11:04 AM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue