Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

APE not showing up in 64 bit Reaper Issue Tools
issueid=2978 09-27-2010 08:54 AM
Human being with feelings
APE not showing up in 64 bit Reaper

When looking at the drop down menu for the audio formats in Reaper 64 APE or monkeys audio does not show up as an option in 64 bit Reaper, but does show up in the x86 version.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Not a Reaper Bug
Priority 3
Affected Version 3.69
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 1
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-27-2010 04:25 PM

I'm not sure if there's a 64-bits version of this format, I've never seen it before in standalone encoders/decoders. For instance, there's no Dirac LE for REAPER 64-bits because it doesn't exist, as far as I can tell.
09-28-2010 06:20 AM

I should have thought of that issue. That makes sense, and if that is the case, I guess it is not a bug.
09-28-2010 08:37 AM

I disagree about the closing of this issue...If Cockos is compiling their APE/Monkey's Audio support from source code themselves, the 64 bit binary builds should be possible. Of course if the source code they have (maybe from the APE format author) is littered with x86 assembly code etc, then it's going to be tougher and probably not worth the trouble. APE isn't a great format for recording or intermediary processed files anyway, and mixdowns done to WAV or something in Reaper can easily be converted to APE with other programs.
09-28-2010 09:20 AM

If that's the case then it is not a bug either but a request. Feel free to open a ticket with this suggestion.

Thanks.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue