Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

API functions to manipulate MCP/TCP FX parameters Issue Tools
issueid=1406 10-27-2009 08:18 AM
Human being with feelings
API functions to manipulate MCP/TCP FX parameters
Currently you can control track FX through the TrackFX*() functions, but there is no native way to manupulate the FX params on the TCP/MCP, unless you use KBD_OnMainActionEx()

Currently you can control track FX through the TrackFX*() functions, but there is no native way to manupulate the FX params on the TCP/MCP, unless you use KBD_OnMainActionEx()

See this thread for details

Some ideas:

// get # fx-params on a given track
REAPER_PLUGIN_DECLARE_APIFUNCS int (*TrackFXParam_GetCount)(MediaTrack *tr);

// get fx-param name
REAPER_PLUGIN_DECLARE_APIFUNCS bool (*TrackFXParam_GetName)(MediaTrack *tr, int fxparam, char *buf, int buflen);

// get fx-param value
REAPER_PLUGIN_DECLARE_APIFUNCS double (*TrackFXParam_GetValue)(MediaTrack *tr, int fxparam, double *minval, double *maxval);

// set fx-param value
REAPER_PLUGIN_DECLARE_APIFUNCS bool (*TrackFXParam_SetValue)(MediaTrack *tr, int fxparam, double val);

Ideally there'd also be some change notification events from Reaper.

Also i'd like to see a way to get the actual plugin from which the param was used, so you can e.g. open up the plugin GUI when manipulating an fx param.

Yves
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Plugins
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 3.13
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 38
Users who would not use this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-27-2009 08:22 AM

Yeah, this would be worth to implement an additional mode for the MCU VPots ;-)
10-28-2009 05:59 AM

Quote:
REAPER_PLUGIN_DECLARE_APIFUNCS double (*TrackFXParam_GetValue)(MediaTrack *tr, int fxparam, double *minval, double *maxval);
I would say:

REAPER_PLUGIN_DECLARE_APIFUNCS double (*TrackFXParam_GetValue)(MediaTrack *tr, int fxparam, double *minval, double *maxval, char* buf = NULL);

("buf" gets the actual value display if != NULL)
10-28-2009 02:25 PM

With these API methods I could create a 'mixer mode' for the Mackie C4 which would be pretty cool.

Also, without notification events I'd have to poll for changes, which is a little inefficient but not the end of the world.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue