Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

CC selection bug Issue Tools
issueid=5359 09-27-2014 09:00 AM
Human being with feelings
CC selection bug
If you Ctrl + select a bunch of CC events in the MIDI Editor with some non-selected CCs in the middle, these are also selected when you hold Shift and move up or down the highlighted ones.

This issue is related to the use of Shift key in the CC event mouse modifiers context.

Recipe :

MIDI Editor Mouse Modifiers - CC Events : Shift modifier (Left click/drag) is set to "Move CC event on one axis only"
There is no time selection at all.
MIDI Editor - Options - "Auto select CC when moving/copying within project time selection" is set to OFF, just in case.

1 - Create three CC events.
2 - Select CCs 1 and 3.
3 - Hold Shift and move up and/or down with left click/drag the selected events to edit their value. You should see that the second - not originally selected - event is highlighted and moved with the first and third ones.

If you repeat the test, but instead of using Shift for the CC event modifier you assign the "Move CC event on one axis only" action to the Ctrl key, the test runs fine; only the first and third events are moved, as expected.

Discussion thread : http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...32#post1409832
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 7
Affected Version 4.73
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-27-2014 05:06 PM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Sorry for the trouble! Please post bugs suspects, questions and help requests in the corresponding forums first. This is not a discussion forum.

As far I can see this is by design, it depends on Options->"Auto-select CC when moving/copying within project time selection", you have to uncheck that option or remove the time selection to avoid auto-selecting of CCs.
09-28-2014 01:15 AM
-blänk-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie
Sorry for the trouble! Please post bugs suspects, questions and help requests in the corresponding forums first. This is not a discussion forum.

As far I can see this is by design, it depends on Options->"Auto-select CC when moving/copying within project time selection", you have to uncheck that option or remove the time selection to avoid auto-selecting of CCs.
Soli forgot to include the link to http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1410869
It is not about "Auto select CC..." but rather seems to be a conflict between simple click and click+drag behavior with the default settings. Here is my take on it (from the discussion):
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
I can also replicate with the defaults.
It depends on what you do first, though. If you first left click and then hold shift, the events in-between wil not be selected. But if you hold shift first the issue arises.

Seems to be a conflict with "shift+click" = add range of stuff to the existing selection. Which is not an explicit choice in CC event context (as opposed to note context, or items) probably because there is left click/drag combined instead of click and drag behaviors being individual.

I have no idea how and when Reaper implies "Must select in-between, because user holds shift and clicks". It apparently does so with the default "Move events one axis, ignoring snap", but not with for example "Edit selected events if any" on the shift modifier.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue