Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Ableton Live's like Session View Issue Tools
issueid=221 06-21-2009 01:10 AM
Human being with feelings
Ableton Live's like Session View
A really creative way to make music

The only thing that make me happy with Ableton Live is it's Session View. I started from Jeckola Buzz Tracker, so that king of view and music making management is very similar and it is very-very-very creative. I am totally sure that this stuff will bring you a lot of new users and potentional buyers of Reaper.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 3.04
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 170
Users who would not use this feature 17
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-20-2010 01:08 AM

I know I'm new to the forum, but this is because I never actually needed to use the forums (congrats Cockos for creating an almost perfect app).

However, I've almosted finished an album and I would like to start gigging (electronic music, meh - I keep saying that I start doing this for the last 2 years). Now I have everything done in Reaper so it would actually be nice to be able to gig with Reaper (I love the routing capabilities and such) and not learn a new software.

I know session view is something mostly dedicated to jamming, sketching a musical ideea and electronic musicians, but it's something that any musician might find useful...

...also, Cakewalk had this option in Project 5 and now they have it in Sonar 8.5 (known as Matrix View) and NI Maschine has a similar option (called Session Matrix)
It's something that's not only in Live anymore - and in my humble opinion, I believe Reaper would benefit if this will be implemented; there aren't any downfalls if something similar would be implemented in Reaper. Actually, there aren't any downfalls if ANY feature is implemented, it just make the app better and better!!

Here are the examples:

Ableton Live:

Cakewalk Project 5:

Cakewalk Sonar 8.5:

NI Maschine:
01-14-2012 09:59 AM
-blänk-

I propose to use http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=4961&page=2 as discussion thread and that's where I quoted all the comments to.

Please do not bump in the issue tracker, thanks
10-24-2012 05:04 PM

Guys! Discuss there: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=4961&page=2
in the discussion thread, NOT here in the issue tracker, like Gofer said!
04-03-2013 04:35 PM

Only moderators can change priority. I don't think this is really a level 2 priority personally. :)

Also, use the thread gofer linked to for any discussion. Tracker entries are NOT supposed to be bumped.
11-09-2014 03:15 PM

Yesterday I released Playtime, a VST plugin that attempts to address exactly this feature request. Please have a look here. Thanks.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue