Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

[v4.73] Media items stay offline when activating Reaper under certain conditions Issue Tools
issueid=5411 11-03-2014 05:35 PM
Human being with feelings
[v4.73] Media items stay offline when activating Reaper under certain conditions
If a user activates another application's window, then clicks on the button to open Device Preferences in Reaper, then closes Preferences, she is left with an active Reaper window with the media items offline.

To reproduce:
1) Open Reaper and create a project with a media item
2) Switch to another window while keeping the Device Preferences button in Reaper visible (at least in my layout, that button is located next to the main Menu, it looks like device/ASIO info, but is in fact a button)
3) Click on that button without focusing Reaper window first
4) The Preferences window will open, now close it by clicking "OK" or "Cancel"
5) Media item did not go online despite Reaper window being active

Notes:
Obviously, this will only happen if "Set media items offline when application is not active" option is checked.
I can only test this on Windows, not sure if this affects OSX as well.
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Stability
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 9
Affected Version 4.73
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-04-2014 12:49 AM
Human being with feelings

I've also had the issue where I'll alt+tab to another application and then when I switch back to reaper, the items stay offline, although I'm not sure what's causing it. Sometimes it will stay offline (very annoying) but most of the time things work as they should.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue