Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Layer selecting while using Mackie Control control surfaces Issue Tools
issueid=5579 05-23-2015 04:44 AM
Human being with feelings
Layer selecting while using Mackie Control control surfaces

Hello,

first of all I would like to thank you so much for creating such an amazing DAW, I'm loving it.

Lets say that I'm using 1 Mackie Control Universal and 5 MCU Extenders. They work wonderfull with Reaper, so I have 48 channels + master to control, the issue is when I select 1st channel in Reaper, it sets to "first" layer" automatically, and when selecting channel 49 it automatically changes to the "next layer" changing up 48 channels. Thats fantastic. But I tried to map a buttons to a shortcuts "select 1st channel" and "select 49th channel" (of course I have created action to first deselect all channels) from action list but it doesn't seem to change layer automatically like clicking on a channel 1st and 49th in a DAW.

Could you help me please? Or could you kindly try to fix that? That is the only thing I miss in Reaper. Sorry for my english, thank you Reaper Team and take care,
Greetings!
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 4.78
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-23-2015 06:27 PM

You posted this in the wrong forum section.

Anyway, there's a distinction in Reaper between 'selected' track and 'touched' track. I assume the layer switching works on 'touched track' (can't test because I don't have a MCU).

To check, after you've run action e.g. "select 49th track", run the action "Set first selected track as last touched track". If the layer switching works now, you can build your "select tracks" macros which contain this action.
05-24-2015 05:09 AM

Sorry for posting in the wrong section, but what you have described doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for the interest btw.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue