Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

New Render/Freeze action: "Render/Freeze tracks to ___ stem tracks (and mute originals) - time selection only" Issue Tools
issueid=4240 07-14-2012 11:35 PM
Human being with feelings
New Render/Freeze action: "Render/Freeze tracks to ___ stem tracks (and mute originals) - time selection only"
Allowing Render/Freeze actions to be performed on time selection only would give greater flexibility & a streamlined workflow for working with external synths

The current Render/Freeze actions are awesome and work really well, but cover only the full project. Creating new actions to cover the time selection only would have great workflow benefits when working with external synths.

As you work on a project there might be only certain parts of a track that change (changing MIDI, adding automation, etc.) and the rest might be untouched. So it would be great to have the option to render just particular time selections rather than needlessly bouncing the entire track every time just to capture a couple of small changes.

Render stem is a great way to capture external synth parts to audio, in part because the Render Stem action duplicates the original track's routing to the new track that's created for the rendered stem. Using the "Add items to new tracks in project when finished" option in the Render dialogue box doesn't do this, and so this isn't really a decent workaround.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Already Exists
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 4.25
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-15-2012 12:11 AM

This exists already:

These actions will a) render full tracks to stem tracks if there is no time selection or b) render track selections to stem tracks if there is a time selection.
07-15-2012 03:03 AM

AWESOME! I just assumed it wasn't there since the items aren't listed when you right-click on a track... Thanks heaps!
07-15-2012 10:50 PM

ps. You can add these to your right click menu to make things easier, I know I use them all the time.
07-16-2012 01:18 AM

Yeah I'm only just scratching the surface of how customisable Reaper is in this regard... I've added it to my right-click menu but I've also assigned it to a keyboard shortcut, which I much prefer.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue