Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Slave/link some/all VST parameters between instances Issue Tools
issueid=5387 10-13-2014 10:28 AM
Human being with feelings
Slave/link some/all VST parameters between instances
Linking the entire (or partial) set of parameters between two or more instances of a given VST

I would love to slave all (or some?) of the settings of a given VST to another instance of that VST. I know about parameter modulation, but it's not practical for this scale.

This comes up all the time when I have an instrument recorded with multiple tracks: say a guitar amp with a stereo pair, a distant mic, a room mic, etc. The tracks live in folders with VSTs instantiated at different levels and are contained in a top-level "guitar-1" folder.

I then duplicate the entirety of those tracks for "guitar-2" which plays a different take from guitar-1. If I go in and change the VSTs for guitar-11, I don't want to have to go in and repeat all those changes all the time for "guitar-2". Even deleting/copying/pasting the VSTs from one to the other is a pain.

Other slaving, like setting the entire FX chain of a given track to be slaved to another -- for both the settings of the plugins and which plugins are instantiated -- would be similarly useful.

Otherwise, it's difficult to structure projects in a time-efficient way.

I'm sure there are a lot of details to work out regarding the interface of this idea with parameter modulation, automation, and so forth, but if something simple and effective could be designed, it seems like it would be very useful.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Plugins
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 4.73
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 5
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-14-2014 03:37 AM
Issue Changed by DarkStar
  • Title changed from Salve/link some/all VST parameters between instances to Slave/link some/all VST parameters between instances

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue